US$125
US$99
US$84
US$119
US$108
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
US$69
Residence Inn
US$109
US$98
SpringHill Suites
All reviewscheat lakefitness centerthe general managerwest virginiaweddingeventlegenddownsbanquetsharkyaccommodationsroundsballroomcartgraduationinterstate
Reviewed 5 July 2018

This resort is older, dated, but very clean, well-maintained, & the staff is great!! Any items needed were provided promptly. We had to ask for a dvd player, but received one for free. The pool area is very nice, clubhouse has a pool table, snack machines, seating area, puzzles, games, etc. The gym onsite has a fully equipped gym, pool, hot tub (that was not very hot), saunas in each locker room and a coed steam room. Locker rooms were very nice. Class schedule, yoga, water aerobics, zumba, etc The resort is near Cheat Lake, with boating, kayaking, fishing, beach, picnic area, etc. WV Black Bears baseball (Pirates affiliate) has a stadium 20 min away. We didn't try the restaurant onsite. Golf course looks nice, but we didn't use it.

Review collected in partnership with RCI
Michael B, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

JoyceP0821, Thank you for your kind words regarding our resort. We strive to meet the highest standards and expectations that we can for our guests. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and excellent customer service at Lakeview. Our remarkable amenities such as our golf courses, pools & clubhouse, and our on-site Fitness Center great assets to our guests and believe this paves the way to success. We hope that you had a wonderful time at Lakeview and look forward to welcoming your party back with us in the future!

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Our first visit to Morgantown Resort and we enjoyed our trip. My husband wanted to golf and I enjoyed the pool and relaxing with a book. He liked the Lakeview Course right on the property! We enjoyed the local diner and restaurant in the hotel.
Would go back!

Review collected in partnership with RCI

JaniceD12018, Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort! We take a lot of pride in our accommodations and amenities that is located in Cheat Lake! Our Golf courses are an asset to our guests and hope you will be back to experience the Mountain View course! I sincerely want to thank you for your kind words that you stated above. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I don't like to leave a bad review, but I was seriously underwhelmed by my stay. First, when I checked in, I couldn't get to my room from the main lobby - I had to go back outside, walk across the parking lot, and find another entrance. This wasn't a huge problem, but it is pretty inconvenient as far as layout goes. My room was clean, but shabby, and missing basic amenities like coffee to go with the coffee maker and creamer, an ice bucket, an informational booklet or hotel description, and most alarmingly, a shower curtain. There was no menu or number for room service, and the restaurant button on the phone just led to a dead line. When I called the front desk to ask, they didn't know for sure if there was room service, and told me to find the restaurant online and call them myself.
I didn't realize until I went to take a shower that there was no curtain (mostly because I think you just automatically assume one will be there, and don't go searching for it). The drain cap was also sitting on the side of tub and had some kind of gunk in it. The whole shower was pretty sketch. I called the front desk multiple times to alert them to the lack of shower curtain, but got no answer, so I gave up.
It was a lot of little things--a bedside lamp was held together with a piece of wire, the wall by the AC was cracked and peeling...no shower curtain. But for $150.00 a night, I expect basic amenities that you can find in any standard hotel room.
I won't be staying here again, and I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Mattie D,
This was an unacceptable experience that you had while staying here at the Resort. I am getting with the department heads to make sure that these issues do not arise again. I am completely embarrassed about this. This was not our standard and hope that you will give our resort another opportunity to improve your impression of our resort. I sincerely want to apologize about your experience. Please reach out to me at the hotel if you would like to discuss these experiences with me.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

My son was graduating from WVU May 11, 2018 and I booked 5 rooms for 14 people (one handicap accessible room). The handicap room was nice and included many amenities, but the other rooms were substandard. None of them had a fridge or microwave and were not very clean. One room had a strong smell of mildew and "stale" air. My mother-in-law and her sisters (who are in their 80's) key cards didn't work - after dealing with maintenance trying to fix the door lock unsuccessfully for an hour, they were given another room on a different floor from the rest of us, which was very inconvenient. When I asked for a refund or discount due to our experience, I had to follow-up 3 times in person before finally receiving a 10% discount on one room. Although the staff were courteous, and the restaurant staff were great, some of the food was also not worth the money and was disappointing. It was twice as expensive as many other hotels in the area and was not worth it. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Check amenities before checking in to a room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

katrinka552018, I want to sincerely apologize about the experience that you had encountered while staying at Lakeview. The challenges that you encountered while at the Resort is not our standard. I am going to address the Housekeeping issues that you had to the department so we can work to come up with a solution so these issues will not come up again.
Thank you for reviewing our resort.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Our unit flooded on the second to the last evening after using the washer and when we called for assistance they said they would send someone, but no one ever came. I cleaned it the best I could until the morning and when we went down in the morning there was even more water. It was horrible. The hole unit was out of date and in need of repair.

Review collected in partnership with RCI
Michael B, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

jritchey2,
I want to first start off with that I want to sincerely apologize about the experience that you encountered while staying at Lakeview Resort. The unanswered emergency call is not acceptable and is not our standard. We have a high standard that we uphold and will address this issue to the appropriate staff.

Again, I apologize that you had to experience this while at our resort.