I stayed here for business for a few days, and mostly the hotel is fine. It's very close to major roads and highways and within walking distance to the casino and horse racetrack.
I had a handicap king room on the first floor because apparently it was the last one left. The room was spacious (as it should be for ADA) and had a fridge and microwave.
The downsides were that it was right next to the gym and without the fan on, you could hear the activities going on. Also, the window looked directly out to the smoking bench, which funneled the smoking smell into my room when someone was outside.
Breakfast was great, big spread with good coffee. The gym was small, two treadmills and a bike, some weights. It wasn't too busy and I didn't have to wait to use anything.
Overall, my stay was fine except the few gripes with my particular room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Charles Town West Virginia Our beautiful new hotel is a lovely three story, interior corridor hotel that is less than 1/2 mile from the Charles Town Races and Slots. Hotel features include complimentary hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/ pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Charles Town, WV and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel Ranson
- Holiday Inn Express Ranson
- Holiday Inn Ranson
- Ranson Holiday Inn