“A fabulous birthday cake!”
Review of Sweet Shop

Sweet Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Shepherdstown
Reviewed 11 February 2018

My family surprised me with a birthday cake made at the Sweet Shop and served at a nearby restaurant. The Sweet Shop had delivered it to the restaurant earlier in the day. It was wonderful! Beautifully decorated and quite tasty! Thanks for making my surprise birthday dinner even more special!!

Teresa M, Manager at Sweet Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

We are so happy that you were surprised and that your cake was satisfactory! It's always fun to contribute something so special to someone's special event. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I asked for a spinach feta croissant which is absolutely delicious and ended up with a ham croissant which was a disappointment. I should have taken it back but I didn’t. I also had to accept bottled ice tea instead of fresher brewed like I had the last time I was there. My husband was happy with his sandwich and my dog loved her biscuit.

When I came back later to buy honey and bread before we left for home, the same counter girl took care of the transaction and walked away. I had to get her to come back to give me a bag. I hope that the next time we come here the counter girl is a little more on the ball.

Teresa M, Manager at Sweet Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your experience, Marty! We'll certainly discuss this review with our front sales people. If you ordered our spinach and feta croissant, of course you were disappointed with the ham and Swiss croissant. It's delicious, believe me, but it isn't what you were expecting. For the past few years, we've switched out our tea brewer for a hot chocolate dispenser as the weather changes from hot to cold. That leaves cold tea lovers such as yourself with the local small-batch brewed bottled tea that we carry. Come back in the spring and we'll have our tea brewer back in operation. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is a must visit stop for travelers wanting a place to relax and have coffee. It is a popular destination for locals. There are sandwich selections, pasta salads, but the stars here are the bakery selections. The raspberry almond cupcakes disappear fast but you can get a cake version which is excellent ! There is a welcome unhurried atmosphere. The counter help is always exceedingly warm and welcoming.

1  Thank Elle R
Teresa M, Manager at Sweet Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind (and accurate - *wink *wink) words! We'll be sure that our counter help sees this review and we'll pass it along to our bakers, as well. We're always happy to welcome visitors and local customers and we hope that they try a freshly made sandwich along with their cupcake or cookie and coffee.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Had a few german pastries - heavy but super tasty! They also serve soups and delicious hot drinks - especially the hot chocolate....nice place to pop in on a cold snowy day - like it was on Saturday....the town crier came in and rang his bell and told a story - and left...nice little holiday bonus while we enjoying our german sweets. Obviously popular with not only the locals - but just about everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to review our little bakery, especially with all the holiday activity that was taking place. Shepherdstown is always bustling with holiday cheer and we're fortunate to be right in the middle of it all! We're happy to offer hot soup and drinks to warm you during these cold winter days. Be sure to come back during the summer for the specials we offer to beat the heat!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Stopped in here twice during my visit. Great atmosphere, good coffee choices, naughty pastries and snacks if you want to be bad. Glad I don't live nearby cause this place would become a habit for sure. Good place to stop in to have a snack, coffee and just people watch at the window. Yes, you can get sandwiches but I never tried them this trip. Maybe next time.

Teresa M, Manager at Sweet Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for your review! We'd love to have you back for a visit so that you can have one of our sandwiches (made on our own freshly baked bread) while you watch the town go by through our windows. See you soon!