“Best Pizza in the Panhandle”

King's New York Pizza
Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Shepherdstown
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Having grown up in Chicago ("the Pizza Capitol of the World"), and having traveled extensively in Italy and New York (places with claim to great pizza), I know good pizza. The stuffed pizza at King's is without a doubt the only pizza in the Panhandle worth traveling for. It's a great deal at lunch, as one of their specials, but I recommend getting to order, made with your choice of favorite ingredients.

This is the nicest of the King's Pizza outlets in the area. Their new dining room is very nice and has clean bathrooms, and they have some outdoor tables as well. The soda fountain is situated for self-service and allows instant free refills. Clearing your own table helps keep the prices down.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

I have eaten at a few of the Kjngs Pizza's in the WV panhandle. On this occasion we had a meal with friends after a sporting event. The restaurant was clean and inviting. There was a nice mural on the wall. Our server was friendly and attentive.

We had pizza mozzarella sticks and an Italian sub. Italian sub was ok. I was surprised it wasn't better. Mozzarella sticks were what was to be expected from deep fried food. There hit is the pizza. They use quality cheese (makes it look a bit greasy but that's what makes it good!). The crust was cooked to just the right crispness (not to hard or soft).

I recommend them for any pizza eaters. That being said of all the ones I've tried in the panhandle so far (3) the store on Rock Cliff Dr makes the best pizza. It's too early for Big Daddy to give them the best until I sample the other locations.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

The pizza -=- that's all I had -- is OK. Tastes kind of like what you get from delivery. Sorry: Not a fan.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

First, a caveat: We have never dined in the restaurant. We've only done carryout pizza. The pizza is really well done, with generous quantities of toppings and good crust. We usually order ours well done because that's how we roll. We have not tried the deep dish style, but it looks amazing. Pizza is usually ready within 30 or 40 minutes of placing an order by phone. The kitchen is open so you can see that everything is clean and tidy. Staff are courteous and efficient. Looks like a nice family place to eat, but see my caveat above. In short, if you have a pizza craving while you're in the Eastern Panhandle, make a stop at King's Pizza. Check online for a coupon before you go.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Nice little place decent pizza and great service. The server, Madeline gave me the lowdown on the whole area. Very attentive. I usually look for coal\wood-fired pizza but King's was good.