“Mountain Retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
front door to the open covered front porch
side door where you enter. gas fireplace in living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
front door to the open covered front porch
side door where you enter.
gas fireplace in living room
reclining sofa
furnished kitchen with amish dining set
complete bath with washer and dryer
queen log bed in 1 bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

deborahpB...
Newport News, Virginia
“Mountain Retreat”
Reviewed 3 May 2019 for a stay in April 2019

Wonderful cabin with all the amenities you want and more. The cabin has a beautiful porch overlooking the river. There are many beautiful places to visit nearby. We stayed 3 nights and would have been happy to stay longer.

Date of stay: April 2019
17 May 2019
So happy you enjoyed staying at my Potomac Overlook cabin. Hope you may be able to return in the future.
Robin S
Innisfil, Canada
“perfect gem on the Potomac river”
Reviewed 7 January 2019 for a stay in January 2019

My family and I stayed here overnight as a stop over of a longer road trip. The cabin was beautiful, with a lovely view of the mountains and the Potomac river. I was told the fishing was excellent as the river is stocked. The cabin itself was very clean and nicely decorated in a style properly suited to a cabin. The hosts were gracious and inviting. The drive in and out was stunning and the West Virginia hwys were well maintained. The location did not show up on my GPS but I just picked a nearby street that did map.

Date of stay: January 2019
20 Jan 2019
So glad we were able to accommodate you for your 1 night stay and you found everything well maintained and you are welcome back anytime.
THEREAPR1...
Coaldale, Pennsylvania
“"Beautiful Cabin to Get Away From It All"”
Reviewed 9 October 2018 for a stay in October 2018

This was our first trip to West Virginia and we were fortunate enough to find this cabin on Flipkey.com the cabin is very clean and well maintained. We loved the interior of the cabin and all the bear decorations throughout the cabin. The beds and furniture were very comfortable and the kitchen had all that you need for your stay. Rhona and Hap were very helpful with giving us ideas of what to do in the area along with helpful directions. This was a perfect get away from it all vacation for my wife and I, We would get up in the morning and eat breakfast and then get in the car and just drive around admiring the views of the mountains and the fall foliage. We would laugh when our GPS and phones would lose service and we would get lost but eventually finding our way back. I was really appreciative of the friendliness and kindness of all the people we met on our travels who took time to talk to us and give us some of their favorite things to do in the area or just talk about life a little. We visited Blackwater Falls, Senaca Caverns, Smoke Hole Caverns, Spruce Knob and did some fishing at Spruce Knob Lake and South Mill Creek Lake and we would recommend these areas if you are planning to visit. This area is perfect to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and is very laid back and all of the sites require a lot of driving to get to but is well worth the trip when you get there!! If you plan on staying here make sure to book this cabin for your stay you will not be disappointed. I would like to thank Rhona and Hap for all you did for us and making our stay stress free you are the greatest sorry I didn't get to see you guys before I left but hope to see you again in the future. Take care of yourselves and thank you for everything Vince and Lori Suzadail Coaldale,PA

Date of stay: October 2018
Your age range 35-49
12 Oct 2018
Lori and Vince you both were wonderful quests and we both enjoyed talking with you both every time we got to talk with you. I am so happy you all had a wonderful time here with this being your first time to our mountain state, with lots of beauty that God has given to us here. You are welcome back anytime and take good care of yourselves and keep on enjoying life and nature.

teresgrf
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful cabin in the Shenandoah Mountain area of West Virginia”
Reviewed 7 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

A great place to get away from all the stress and unwind in the midst of awesome scenery which only West Virginia can provide. The cabin has everything you could want - a fully equipped kitchen, air conditioning (yea in 90 degree summer weather!), WiFi and a fabulous back porch with eating area, rocking chairs and a breathtaking view. Fifteen minutes away is Franklin where you can stock up on provisions and eat at local restaurants if you're not into cooking. Rhona was very helpful with all my questions and directions for this city girl. The cabin is immaculately clean and maintained and beautifully decorated. Definitely worth those few extra miles to get away from the chaos and crowds!

Date of stay: July 2018
20 Jul 2018
I am so happy you found my cabin a nice place to relax and enjoyed the porch with a great view. We are very proud of our cabin since we did build it ourselves and make it like home away from home for our vacationers. Thanks for the review and hope you can come back another time.
bigdaddyc...
Baltimore, Maryland
“Awesome place to watch the world go by”
Reviewed 31 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

When we arrived the cabin was warm and cozy, it was snowing and low 20's. It is a cute cabin, the bear décor fit perfectly. everything is just as pictured in the listing, however it does not do justice to the actual look and feel. It is by far a great place to get away from the hustle and stress of work and everything. Sitting on the couch and watching the sun come up in the huge window is incredible.
The Hosts Rhona and her husband are great to stay in touch and answered any questions we had. I have to say that I can not thank them enough for helping us out one morning. We forgot syrup for breakfast. I reached out and within minutes a gentleman knocked on the door with a jug of syrup.. You cant get any better than that. We were going to build a fire in the pit outside and ended up just curling up in a blanket on the porch and watched it snow..
Life is Good there!
We plan to go back when the weather is warmer and do some hiking and canoeing in the area.

Date of stay: January 2018
Your age range 50-64
2 Feb 2018
Thank you Fred for taking your time to post a wonderful review for us. It was our pleasure that we were able to assist you with the syrup. So happy you found our cabin cozy and beautifully decorated in the bear theme. I take pride in my cabin and hope all vacationers can enjoy it as much as you did. You are welcome back and hope you will get to see some beautiful areas here in warmer weather.

Rhona and Hap
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.