“GREAT PLACE TO GHOST HUNT!!!!!”

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: More European castle than American hospital, this former insane asylum offers historic and paranormal tours six days a week from April through October. Full Museum & Patient Art Gallery entry is included with your tour purchase. This Gothic National Historic Landmark holds 130 years of American history's dark side.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The guides are great and the place will never disappoint you. I have gone twice (I live in FL) and always come home with loads of evidence, from great EVP’s, photos, and videos. A must do if in the area. Don’t be scared it’s a great learning environment. Have Fun Ghost Hunting!!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,449)

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was our third trip from Central Florida to Asylum. I have ghost hunted here all three times, and this last time took the historic tour. Such a neat place, and the people here are the nicest. Will be back soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I went on a ghost hunt at trans allegheny lunatic asylum on 2/18/2012. This place is sooo creepy! I highly recommend going on the ghost hunt! I love tala!!! :) ***Copperhead is a great guide! :) ***** -Jason Phillips

1  Thank bamfan
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Despite the first winter storm of the season and freezing cold temperatures! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, and photography tour. I Am still culling through the 2000 pictures taken on the three days I was in the Weston Area.

Our Tour guide was helpful , informed and flexible with the group of 6 strangers. I was exhausted by the end of my two session day but happily so!

So many photographers have to skulk about on the outside of wonderful architecture and historical places, it's a winning idea to charge and bring them in . I wish more facilities that were privately owned would do so.

Thanks for an incredible experience. It was worth the 8 hour drive, snow and ice ! and more than worth the cost of admission.

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 12 February 2012

If you are looking for a fun night out during Halloween, this is a place you should visit

1  Thank Tracie W