“Educational and fun!”

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: More European castle than American hospital, this former insane asylum offers historic and paranormal tours six days a week from April through October. Full Museum & Patient Art Gallery entry is included with your tour purchase. This Gothic National Historic Landmark holds 130 years of American history's dark side.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I went to the asylum because I was bored after training for work. I had the best time. The guides were knowledgeable and friendly. There are even discounts if you do more than one tour. Well worth the visit and money!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (4,295)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"civil war"
in 63 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Scott was a great energetic and knowledgeable tour guide. I am very big skeptic on any ghost experience. But wife said she had a few experiences. Would love to come back and possibly do the night tour.

2  Thank Tater S
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Day started soggy, but was still very educational. I enjoy Civil War history and never even thought about VA starting the project, but WV finishing. Our guide was well-versed and I learned many things. TALA had been on my bucket list for many years. As sun came out, car show got into full swing. A full-day trip for us, as we live in northeast Ohio.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

The tour was very interesting and I was told a lot about the place that I did not know....A lot of historic information and artifacts...