“Great Place”

River City Ale Works
Ranked #38 of 111 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2016

There are not a ton of pubs in town so I felt lucky to locate this one. The entrance is on the corner which was a little confusing but the locals outside told me that it happens all the time. I went late for drinks. The crowd was young/middle aged and there was a large wedding party there the night I visited. Live music was good, just a little too loud. Drinks were cheap, bartenders were very nice. This place has a 3:30am liquor license but can close whenever they think is best. I will return if I stay in the area again.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We go from time to time to listen to love music nice venue for that plenty of drafts on tap and food
After bluesfest popular for after jams
Nice folks fair prices

Reviewed 1 July 2016

The restaurant has a very good beer selection which included several micro brewery beers as well as the national brands. The food was good but not great. The menu seemed pretty good overall. The restaurant itself is in a building that seems to have converted from some past industrial use. It was very nice inside. Service was good and friendly. I'd categorize this place like an Applebee's with better beer.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

In from out of town for the hockey game at Wesbanco Arena. Met friends here for a pregame dinner. There was 6 of us.

It was easy to park at the arena and walk over just a block. So, very convenient location if you are going to the arena.

Service was prompt and the food was ok, nothing bad and nothing great. Only complaint would be the inability to get any drink refills and they really did not appear to be all that busy.

Had my team's jersey on and was welcomed to Wheeling by so many nice people that came up to our table and talked to us as we were walking to the arena.

Would go back to this restaurant and definitely to Wheeling!

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Had good experience tonight. Seated promptly...server quickly arrived and took drink.order. entrees of tuna for me and burger for my girlfriend..both good. I like the atmosphere as well.

Been to River City Ale Works? Share your experiences!