“Good draft selection, cool building”

River City Ale Works
Ranked #38 of 111 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

I would go back. The building was cool, had a large mall like store attached to it. We didn't eat, but our neighbors food looked good enough. I was curious to know where the kitchen was though, it wasn't obvious sitting at the bar.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

We stopped here before my son's hockey game at Wesbanco Arena. It's very conveniently located near the arena. I ordered the pretzel sticks as an appetizer and they were good. For my dinner I ordered crab cakes and they were just ok. Too much breading for my liking and no sauce which made them very dry. The rice that came with them was good. My boyfriend had the steak fajitas and he said they were somewhat bland. They have a wide variety of beer and the service was really great.

1  Thank QueenB64
Reviewed 29 October 2016

There are not a ton of pubs in town so I felt lucky to locate this one. The entrance is on the corner which was a little confusing but the locals outside told me that it happens all the time. I went late for drinks. The crowd was young/middle aged and there was a large wedding party there the night I visited. Live music was good, just a little too loud. Drinks were cheap, bartenders were very nice. This place has a 3:30am liquor license but can close whenever they think is best. I will return if I stay in the area again.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We go from time to time to listen to love music nice venue for that plenty of drafts on tap and food
After bluesfest popular for after jams
Nice folks fair prices

Reviewed 1 July 2016

The restaurant has a very good beer selection which included several micro brewery beers as well as the national brands. The food was good but not great. The menu seemed pretty good overall. The restaurant itself is in a building that seems to have converted from some past industrial use. It was very nice inside. Service was good and friendly. I'd categorize this place like an Applebee's with better beer.

Been to River City Ale Works? Share your experiences!