“3 star experience”

River City Ale Works
Ranked #35 of 111 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Good beer selection (liked the sour ale), enjoyed our appetizer (baked artichoke dip) and cool setting (older downtown building w/ very open setting). Parking was limited (approx 6pm).

1  Thank Brett H

Reviewed 24 December 2016

Started off with perogies, then a Philly steak sandwich with a side of onion rings. Can I say Delicious? Service was great, did not take long for food to come out. Great atmosphere and friendly staff.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

I would go back. The building was cool, had a large mall like store attached to it. We didn't eat, but our neighbors food looked good enough. I was curious to know where the kitchen was though, it wasn't obvious sitting at the bar.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

We stopped here before my son's hockey game at Wesbanco Arena. It's very conveniently located near the arena. I ordered the pretzel sticks as an appetizer and they were good. For my dinner I ordered crab cakes and they were just ok. Too much breading for my liking and no sauce which made them very dry. The rice that came with them was good. My boyfriend had the steak fajitas and he said they were somewhat bland. They have a wide variety of beer and the service was really great.

1  Thank QueenB64
Reviewed 29 October 2016

There are not a ton of pubs in town so I felt lucky to locate this one. The entrance is on the corner which was a little confusing but the locals outside told me that it happens all the time. I went late for drinks. The crowd was young/middle aged and there was a large wedding party there the night I visited. Live music was good, just a little too loud. Drinks were cheap, bartenders were very nice. This place has a 3:30am liquor license but can close whenever they think is best. I will return if I stay in the area again.

Been to River City Ale Works? Share your experiences!