“Good Place but Could Be Great”

River City Ale Works
Ranked #27 of 112 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I've been here many many times. Great service. Good food. Not much for the vegetarian. But great location and with a little more daring menu it could be great. They used to make their own beer here years ago, I believe. No longer is the case. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Good beer selection (liked the sour ale), enjoyed our appetizer (baked artichoke dip) and cool setting (older downtown building w/ very open setting). Parking was limited (approx 6pm).

1  Thank Brett H
Reviewed 24 December 2016

Started off with perogies, then a Philly steak sandwich with a side of onion rings. Can I say Delicious? Service was great, did not take long for food to come out. Great atmosphere and friendly staff.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

I would go back. The building was cool, had a large mall like store attached to it. We didn't eat, but our neighbors food looked good enough. I was curious to know where the kitchen was though, it wasn't obvious sitting at the bar.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

We stopped here before my son's hockey game at Wesbanco Arena. It's very conveniently located near the arena. I ordered the pretzel sticks as an appetizer and they were good. For my dinner I ordered crab cakes and they were just ok. Too much breading for my liking and no sauce which made them very dry. The rice that came with them was good. My boyfriend had the steak fajitas and he said they were somewhat bland. They have a wide variety of beer and the service was really great.

1  Thank QueenB64

Been to River City Ale Works? Share your experiences!