US$94
US$89
Best Western Baraboo Inn(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
US$90
Ringling House Bed and Breakfast(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$45
US$386
US$79
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We loved it! Took my boys 6 and 13 + new dog camping for first time and had a great time! Right next to Devil's Lake so after a day of hiking and swimming, you are right there. Everything is kept up very nicely. Clean bathrooms, hot showers, landscaped, kids park, great camp store for anything you may need...or an extra fireball candy or 2. We stayed up on a wooded site and enjoyed the feel up there. Everone was pretty respectful of the 11:00 noise curfew and that overall lends itself to a really safe feel to the place. I've had my share of campgrounds in the past with all night drinking, loud music, swearing and feeling unsafe. Not here. The owners were great! Very friendly and helpful and they obviously care about the place and the people that come in. The boys have already asked if we can come back to Wheeler's again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Lollie W, Owner at Wheeler's Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

It's great you've started a new family tradition with your sons. Spending time together in the great outdoors is a wonderful way to enjoy your family. Happy camping!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The owners never let us check in and forced us to go to another campground. My son arrived in a separate car which my girlfriend's brother-in law (John) was driving. We were in a different car and held up because we had to make a stop at a store. My son went in the office to ask for a map, a grayed haired man then went out to talk to John who was on the phone. He demanded he get off the phone, which John did. The grayed haired man asked John why he sent a kid in to register; John explained he didn't and wasn't the one actually staying here, only visiting. He explained his sister-in law was the one who had a campsite booked and was on her way. The grayed haired man then stated "maybe this isn't the right campground for you". John, was puzzled by that remark and asked why he would say that. The grayed haired man then called John a "D!ckhead" in front of two children. I finally arrived with my girlfriend and John explained what had happened. I then went into the office and stated I was the father of the kid who went in and asked for a map. The woman (who I believe is the wife of the grayed haired man) at the counter stated "maybe this isn't the right campground for you" and forced us to go to another campground 9 miles away. The whole thing was amazingly bizarre and I would highly NOT recommend this campground, the owners are rude and a bit psycho. We booked that campsite three weeks in advanced and traveled all that way only to get turned away at the last moment for not doing anything. If i could give no stars I would.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan S
Lollie W, Owner at Wheeler's Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Standard procedure is for all campers/visitors to register in the office upon arrival. John refused to register. When you and your girlfriend finally arrived, you were argumentative and threatening. As a courtesy, I called and found adjacent electric sites for you at another area campground to accommodate you for the weekend. You all had made it very clear you did not want to stay at Wheeler's Campground or respect our policies.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The place was very well kept and everything was so convenient, the owners were so welcoming and friendly, you can tell they care very much and it shows, pet friendly and filled with nothing but green forest, each campsite is secluded from the next for privacy, we will be going back!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Lollie W, Owner at Wheeler's Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for your kind words Kevin! We're pleased you enjoyed your weekend at Wheeler's Campground. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

My 2 sister-in-laws and I stayed here in September of 2015 and upon check-in we were told the curfew for noise is 10 p.m. Well, about 11 p.m. a very large BoyScout pack arrived and very noisily set up their camp. Okay, no enforcement and I walked up to the check in building and could not find anyone to help us. So, I thought, well at least the boys will sleep late tomorrow. WRONG! They were up at 6 a.m. banging pots and pans, yelling, and as some young kids do, repeatedly (yelling) some random phrases. The adults of the group kept opening and slamming car doors. It was terrible. I do not recommend this campground unless you are deaf.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Lollie W, Owner at Wheeler's Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Hi Barbara- We are so sorry you had a noisy camping experience at Wheeler's Campground. We live onsite and prefer to respond to noise complaints promptly; most often people call (the office phone number is right on the map) or ring the doorbell after hours. We hope scout troops and leaders will enforce their Scout Law (including being kind and courteous) but unfortunately that is not always the case. Our quiet hour starts at 11pm.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

I've been camping at Wheelers since 1989.
If you're looking for a beautifully wooded, well kept and quiet place to camp this is the place. For late night drinking games head over to the state park campground.

I've seen a few bad reviews for wheelers and I can tell you if you're up drinking, yelling and laughing late into the night around the campfire you're not going to have a good time here. Mark & Lollie are terrific host but will not allow a few to disturb the many.

The sites are beautifully wooded and dispersed. If you've never camped here you should find an excuse to get up to Devils Lake and and meet Mark & Lollie.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Lollie W, Owner at Wheeler's Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Thank you for your kind words! We've appreciated your patronage for over two decades and look forward to your next visit.