“A day at the Beach”

Harrington Beach State Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Belgium
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I visited the Beach with 3 of my children ages 8-12. The beach was clean, everyone using the Beach was clean and friendly, and the staff was helpful upon arrival. The shoreline is very shallow for quite a way, so there was no fear of drowning. Fish swam beside the children and they enjoyed that. The sand was clean and they also enjoyed playing in the sand. There are bathrooms close to the beach/swim area and they were very clean.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

This is such a beautiful park. It is a nice mix of easy hiking and a beautiful beach. Lake Michigan is so clear, it is one of my favorite parks to be by the water. The quarry trail is my favorite, lots of cool local history.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

My family and I have recently started walking here a few times a week. The scenery is wonderful and the trails are well kept and easy to travel. It's not uncommon to see wildlife and the majority of the park is dog friendly.

Excellent location for picnics and soaking in the scenery.

Be sure to wear your bug repellent and be sure to stay on the trails to avoid poison ivy.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We are state park frequent visitors in WI. We've been here a few times in the past and always loved it! The beach is more narrow, but I love that. We can be at the back of the beach in the shade of the trees (I have a hubby that goes from ghost white to lobster red in the sun) while still enjoying the beach and being able to supervise the kiddos in the water! Being late spring/early summer....the water was very cold, but that didn't stop us from having fun! We threw a football on the beach, looked for smooth rocks, and checked out all the little shells! The beach wasn't super crowded, but still far from empty. A good mix. Lots of families. The only downside to the beach today was tons and tons of dead little silver fish floating in the water and washing up in the waves and on the beach. Never had that issue before, but we've never been here at this time of year either. If you go out a little further into the water...it's not an issue. After the beach we walked the Quarry trail to the quarry. We could see big bass in the water. The kids were excited and impressed! We also saw a doe in the woods while walking on a trail. She got very close. It was fun! While we've never camped here yet, we did drive through the sites. While there are no tree/wooded sites, most have bushes or tall plants that give you privacy. The shower house we drove. U looked very nice too! We may have to plan a camping trip out here! Over all a good day trip for us. Only did 4 instead of 5 stars because of the dead fish.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

My daughter and I take the kids and their friends here for the day. We also can bring her dog, which is great.