“Overpriced”

Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts
Ranked #6 of 19 things to do in Cedarburg
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

There were two exhibits, one of quilts depicting death & dying. It was well done and interesting, but there were only about 15 quilts (and several were very non-traditional, like the sweatshirt and sweatpants with a few stitches in them). The other exhibit was of different kinds of lace dating back 500 years. Also interesting. However, for $8 per person we expected many more quilts and displays.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Last summer I brought my California cousin here, as she is an enthusiastic and experienced quilter. Really enjoyed the displays and gift shop. Sometime soon Implan to take one of their classes.

Melissa W, Manager at Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

I'm delighted you and your cousin enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you soon in one of the classes!

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

This is a nice quilt museum with a great expanse of quilts, going as far back as the Civil War era. We enjoyed it.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

I came to the Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts with my Mom, and it was the perfect attraction for us. It was not a time consuming place to tour-- we spent no more than an hour in the museum, which was perfect for us as larger museums are often overwhelming or take a full day to see. This was a great break from driving and was a nice draw to the cute and artsy town of Cedarburg. The quilts in the gallery are rotating, so you may want to check ahead of time to see what will be on display while you are there. Also it will be a great place to come back to, as there will be a new display by the time I make it there next! When we went the quilts on display were all from Japan, and absolutely AMAZING. The quilts were quite stunning and all well labeled, many of the labels included what inspiration went into that particular quilt which was fun to read. There is also a loom display in the basement, which we chose not to check out due to time constraints. The gift shop was also very cool with many tempting items. If you are interested in fiber arts or enjoy art in general you should definitely check this place out!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I've known about this place since it's beginning, but sometimes it's hard to be a tourist in your own town and visit what is just around the corner. Luckily we had guests in town and we took them here. It is nice that their exhibit space changes from time to time, so I can go back and not feel that I've seen it all already. It is truly amazing what people are able to create.