See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2016

I really liked this place! Crandon is an adorable town to begin with, tucked away in the sparsely populated North Woods of Wisconsin. I found the Main Street Inn on the recommendation of a no-longer operating B&B and am glad for it. Value is outstanding. Everything is easy to find in Crandon and the sign out front said it all, "Why Pay More?" $60 a night for an extremely clean, adorable room with a queen-sized bed is a bargain in any locale. The bed was also comfy and the room tastefully decorated. My one quibble is that the chairs sit very low to the ground and were not particularly comfortable for a tall person (I'm 6'4"). Situated next door to the Log Cabin Café and two doors from a C-Store, so breakfast and snacks are close by. We were in town for the HS graduation (my wife was commencement speaker) and you could tell the town was proud of its graduates. Bring your own shampoo, but the bar soap provided was a cut above the usual dreck provided at lower cost hotels.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Background: This is not a type of property that we would typically stay at, but we had to make a quick, unexpected overnight trip to the area and needed to bring our small dog. Our contact in the area suggested we stay in Green Bay but we wanted to take care of business in the morning and head home so I checked TripAdvisor and decided to call the Inn based on previous reviews.
Pros: As other reviews stated it's a little quirky, but it works. We never met the owner, but I spoke with her and told her what we needed and she left the keys and directions in a special place in the office as we arrived after 8 pm. Our room, # 12, had pine paneling, cable TV, a small fridge with a desk and was very lodge like, even a little old school kitschy, but I enjoyed it, even tho' it's not my usual thing. The room was extremely clean and if we ever go back to the area we will definitely stay here again.
Cons: The only down side to our room which faced the street was that traffic became very busy around 6 am in the morning, including the neighbor next door, and you could hear it in our room.

Room Tip: There was soap at the sink, but no shampoo, etc. so be sure to take your own.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ConvertibleWoman
Reviewed 30 June 2015

As i arrived in the evening, the person who runs the motel wasn´t in the place. That wasn´t really a problem. Instead it was my advantage to choose the room.
The motel is proceeded by self-service for some hours a day. And this self-service is well organized and planned in the greatest detail.

The rooms are not for persons who love newest style and plastic- or chrome-interior.
The rooms have real charme and personality. And although the furniture wasn´t the newest, i have had no cleaner motel in the northern states for the whole 4 weeks of my trip.

You find fresh flowers around and in each room teddy bears are waiting for you. Such things will never appear at motel 6 or super 8 locations.

My personal best experience however was the helpfulness of the person who runs this motel in a very urgent moment of mine.

With less words: at this place the customer is not the king - he is rather a friend!!

p.s.: very reasonable offers - call in advance - because on bigger local events prices rise.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthias B
Reviewed 7 March 2015

The stay was alright, was clean warm, very dated ,could do without the teddy bears. but was mislead on being on the snowmobile tral, its on snowmobile route which is just about every street in Crandon , didn't care to ride on bare streets to get to the trail. Also no one is there to check in or out , thought that was odd.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank T9408IDthomash
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I've stayed numerous times and every time is great. Nice and quiet area. Comfortable, clean and feel at home rooms. It's like I never left home. Service is great and convenient. On top of everything, the best part is that it's affordable. Awesome prices for a great place to stay. I would recommend Main street inn to anyone visiting the crandon area. I personally won't go anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2013