“Great burgers and cold drafts”

Lakeside Pub and Grill
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Cudahy
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Stopped by on a Friday afternoon to use a Groupon for two burgers and two domestic drafts. Cold Miller brews coupled with outstanding and very large 1/2 pound burgers really hit the spot. Out of towner's first time visit found it to be clean and very good overall. If in area would stop again.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Got their homemade nachos with two of us eating and had to take half home. Enormous. Had a burger, which for me is unusual since I am not a big meat eater and i thought it was delicious. Waitress said they purchase their meat from the Butcher Block, a local butcher. They use only fresh meat, never frozen.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

"Good appetizers"--so we tried three of them. I liked the frickles--fried pickles the best. The Cubanito and fries were a good supper choice for a quick meal. $2 beers were a good option too.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

The night before an early flight out of MKE, my wife and I were looking for a local place to eat. Since it was Valentines Day evening, any top restaurants in the area would be booked and the places around the airport were also pretty crowded. We decided to look for a local bar to catch a burger and a drink. The Lakeview Pub and Grill seemed to fit the bill. Located near Lake Michigan by Sheridan Park, it was only a 10 minute drive from our airport hotel. When we walked in, I immediately knew this place. Having been raised in the Milwaukee “Neighborhood Bar” culture, I had been in many places like this. A long bar with a cluttered backbar with a few locals and about 10-12 tables for eating. We sat down at one of the tables and waited……. and waited. I eventually went to the bar and ordered drinks. The bartender made up a well muddled whiskey Old Fashion in a large glass. This being a staple of any good Wisconsin bar, I was not surprised by the quality of the drink. My wife’s vodka Gimlet was adequate.

When I got back to our table, we had finally gotten menus, but the problem was obvious. Despite most of the tables in the place being empty, there was only one waitress and the service was glacially slow. It was over and hour from the time we walked into the Lakeview until we got our food. Fortunately we were in no hurry and had nothing else to do. Under other circumstances, we would have walked out. The waitress apologized and made several excuses, but in looking at other reviews of this place, our experience was not unique. The service was poor.

Which is is shame, because the other aspects of our meal were very good. I ordered Buffalo wings (50 cents each on special) and they were very good. The side salad was fresh and generous. My wife had an excellent patty melt with some delicious fries. (which I kept stealing) So, bottom line, the Lakeview Pub has a great local atmosphere, well made drinks, reasonable prices and good food. If they would just hire some more staff and improve the service a bit, I could recommend this place. As of my last experience, I cannot. Sorry.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Everything else was forgivable, but I ordered a cheeseburger cooked medium and it came out rare, oozing juice. I ate some of it and it tasted like what a dog pound smells like. I smelled it and it smelled faintly like poop. Very gross. I was tired of so much waiting so we did not mention it and just got out of there. Would never return.