“Just Passing Through East Troy, WI & Enjoyed Our Lunch!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in East Troy
Reviewed 29 August 2016

After asking our waiter about a dish they had listed in their menu, he picked up that I liked garlic. I ordered the Tofu Veggie Delight. It was delicious with a dark brown gravy & garlic added! What a treat to have that flavor added without me asking the waiter to do so! My husband loves Mongolian Beef that is different in every Chinese restaurant we've been to. His lunch was tender & tasty! Lunch came quickly & was piping hot. We will return here on another trip through East Troy, WI!

Reviewed 13 April 2016

This restaurant is one of our favorites in the area. It's dine in or delivery. We've tried many items on the menu and they have all been good. As other reviewers have mentioned the scent of incense at times can be a bit too much, but we've only noticed it about 10% of the time we've eaten there (one of the employees must be fond of it).

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Been here once so not a repeater, to be fair I wasn't impressed with atmosphere, dark and "old". Only one person working when I was there (carryout). Food was good but not great, some of our food was under cooked (egg foo young). If your expecting strong Asian flavors, I didn't find it. Average local restaurant.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

This is a tough one in that we have only been there once and have not tried enough things to give the place a really total review. Our usual outlet for Chinese closed so we are looking for a new one. We received a flyer for this place in the mail and decided to give it a try. As I told the man at the counter I first judge an asian restaurant by the egg fu yung and the chop suey they serve. These are pretty pedestrian dishes but give my wife and I a good idea of the quality of ingredients they use and the types of seasonings they use in their sauces. The gravy for the eggs was OK but just a little bland. The Chop suey was seasoned the way my wife likes so at this point everything is good. We also ordered Mongolian Beef and it was actually very good.
Now we are talking about local Chinese food so I am certainly not going to apply 5 star criteria to the place.
As far as the restaurant itself it is a little confusing. Beautiful Chinese silk paintings on the walls and three aquariums in a very small place. Two rooms with one having two booths next to the entrance. The interior is finished in Northwoods pine board and looks a little rustic for a Chinese restaurant, but that is just my opinion. The place is very clean and the people were friendly enough.
Over all it seems like this place will give good value for the price and even though my Wife and I do 95% of our own cooking (including Asian ) we will certainly use this as our go-to place when we just want to open a container and enjoy some good tasting food.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

When you first walk into the restaurant you immediately notice that they are burning incense. This was a horrible first impression as we thought it smelled terrible and had a bit of difficulty breathing due to it. When we mentioned it, they didn't seem to care. We almost walked out, but we really wanted to try the food. The restaurant is very small and the layout is a bit awkward but it appeared to be very clean. We were the only diners in the restaurant, but the help was sitting at a counter visiting with each other.

We ordered their lunch combos which came out in a timely fashion and was extremely hot. The Hot and Sour soup was a bit gel like for my liking, but it was hot and the spice was not too overly done. The Egg Rolls were probably the best we have ever eaten. The House LoMein and Almond Chicken were also excellent. The down fall was the fried rice. We were really disappointed in it as we love Fried Rice. It appeared that the only ingredients was Rice, Egg and very few sprouts. That's it. It was so bland and unappetizing that we left it on our plates.

When we left, we had decided that we would probably be best served having future food delivered instead of actually going to the restaurant. The incense was really an issue and when we left the building we were immediately gasping for the fresh outside air. It really is a shame that this one thing ruined our experience at this restaurant. If they ever stop burning the incense, we may go back.