“Great Breakfast and Great Views of the Bay!!”

Old Post Office Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Ephraim
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2021

We have eaten breakfast here a few times now. The outdoor area is awesome and has the best view of the Bay. Breakfast was great. We always love the Cherry Pancakes with Eggs and Meat. Highly recommended!!

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 18 July 2021

We experienced our first fish boil at the Old Post Office and it was a very memorable experience and meal. Watching the boil and learning about it was very entertaining and then we enjoyed a great meal on a lovely patio watching the sun set. Service was very good. Bones were few. Meal plentiful and tasty. Very highly recommend!

Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

Traveling with family in Door County and wanted to experience a traditional fish boil so we made reservations at the Old Post Office. Although we’ve had several fish boils here, this one was exceptional! The server did a wonderful job of deboning our whitefish and the meal included cole slaw, red potatoes, pearl onion, three small slices of zucchini bread, lemon and marbled rye and, of course, dessert was delicious cherry pie with vanilla ice cream. The restaurant also has outdoor seating with a view of the Ephraim marina to watch the boats go by so it definitely adds to the experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

My brother and I went to try the famous fish boil which I had never had a fish boil before. Online it looked like they stopped serving dinner at 6:30pm so we quick tried to order to-go when we learned that time wasn't accurate so we stayed for dine-in. We had my 2 dogs with us so we got sat a lakefront table which was lovely, minus the cheap fold out plastic table and the annoying yappy dog next to our table. Staff was very nice and friendly. They brought water out for my dogs. Food came fairly quickly. Had good sized fish, couple red skinned potatoes, a small boiled onion, 3 small slices of 3 different breads (rye, pumpkin, zucchini), and a melted butter. The waiter asked to debone the fish for us and we agreed. I still found many bones in my fish that it made me afraid to eat it and by the end I didn't even finish the fish. Door cherry pie ala mode was delicious, but needed more filling.

Reviewed 16 July 2021

We met our friends for breakfast and fell in love with the view of the water in the harbor. Seated at once at a table by the window. I had the very Best cherry pancakes in the area. My wife had the cheese omelet and both meals were very good.

1  Thank Ron W