“Restaurant refused”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Ephraim
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2021

This is our first visit to Door County, Wisconsin and we stayed at the nearby Hotel few buildings away from this restaurant. It was Tuesday - around 7:00 PM when my husband and I drop by Old Post Office Restaurant for dinner. It was obviously very busy day for this restaurant and all tables outside the restaurant are taken but inside there were so many vacant tables. A lady greeted us after we stand in front of the restaurant door and told us they are sold out and accept reservation only. She was doing something else while talking to me and never look at me at eye to eye. I never insisted and walk away. In my opinion, a restaurant is booming and very in demand in the area but should not refuse any customer regardless who they are. I thought, it is very rude to say that we only accept reservation when there is no sign posted anywhere. We just walk away and told my husband will never eat in this restaurant even if this is the most in demand in the area.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 27 August 2021

Went for a small breakfast, but ended up ordering full since it looked so good. Great service. We had been here before for a Fish Boil and were impressed, but didn't have enough time this trip.

Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

We had the most wonderful breakfast there! The pancakes with Door County cherries are some of the best I've ever had. My daughter's had cherry waffles with lots of cherries and whipped cream on top. What a treat! Spoil yourself and have breakfast there one morning!

Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

Stopped at the Old Pist Office for breakfast. I had the blueberry pancakes , my friend had the cherry pancakes. Both were delicious! Both versions of pancakes were made with fresh fruit in the batter, which is THE way to make fruit pancakes!

And the service was excellent!

Will keep this in my mind for the next time that I visit Door County!!

Reviewed 15 August 2021

Had a late breakfast here and they took great care of us. The service was awesome and it's right on the water so the view was amazing. The owner was right there working hard to take care of us.