“Fish Boil is so fresh and tasty!”

Old Post Office Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Ephraim
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2021

Definitely take in the whole experience, sit outside and see it happen! Boil Master is very informative and explains it very well, including history. The meal is so clean and fresh, Curt's Seasoning is perfect along with the butter. The fish is so fresh you can taste it. And the Cheery pie, well let's just say, it was the perfect end to a perfect meal.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 5 September 2021

Not only was the spectacle of the fish boil fun and educational, but the waitstaff even removes the bones at your table before serving it to you. It's the only restaurant that does that and it's worth it. The fish was delicious!

Reviewed 3 September 2021

This is our first visit to Door County, Wisconsin and we stayed at the nearby Hotel few buildings away from this restaurant. It was Tuesday - around 7:00 PM when my husband and I drop by Old Post Office Restaurant for dinner. It was obviously very busy day for this restaurant and all tables outside the restaurant are taken but inside there were so many vacant tables. A lady greeted us after we stand in front of the restaurant door and told us they are sold out and accept reservation only. She was doing something else while talking to me and never look at me at eye to eye. I never insisted and walk away. In my opinion, a restaurant is booming and very in demand in the area but should not refuse any customer regardless who they are. I thought, it is very rude to say that we only accept reservation when there is no sign posted anywhere. We just walk away and told my husband will never eat in this restaurant even if this is the most in demand in the area.

Reviewed 27 August 2021

Went for a small breakfast, but ended up ordering full since it looked so good. Great service. We had been here before for a Fish Boil and were impressed, but didn't have enough time this trip.

Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

We had the most wonderful breakfast there! The pancakes with Door County cherries are some of the best I've ever had. My daughter's had cherry waffles with lots of cherries and whipped cream on top. What a treat! Spoil yourself and have breakfast there one morning!