Dolce Vita(Alcaufar)
All reviewspiccolo mundohalf boardstar hoteltravel kettlesaladceiling fansmall hotelsea viewrelaxing holidaylovely poolno air confishing villagewonderful weeknight lifesmall beachpaellasandy beach
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If you are looking for a peaceful, and quiet holiday in a hotel by the beach, well on the beach, then this is it. Staff attentive, rooms as we wished, no TV,with balcony. The whole place was clean and this goes for the island itself which was so clean, no litter. They have an 'environmental tax' of 1.1€ per person per night fro all hotels I believe and you can see it is well spent. For the energetic there is the Cami De Cavalls a trail around the perimeter of the island which can be done in 20 sections or just the one if you wish.

Room Tip: Try the beach side rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HenryMidlands
Reviewed 29 May 2018

A lovely family run small hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Their famous gin and tonic is a treat.
In a quiet location and there are long walks to enjoy or you can sit by the pool. A short bus ride to Mahon which is a good reliable service. Lots to do or simply relax.

Stayed: September 2017
5  Thank Chris F
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The location of Hotel Xuroy is perfect, on a quiet delightful sandy cove dotted with white washed houses.
The Hotel is spotless and the staff are very friendly nothing is too much trouble, we had a problem with the shower which was fixed the same day. The happy hour is interesting as many locals arrive to enjoy a drink on the lovely terrace.
As I used to live in Menorca some years ago I thought I’d try their famed fish Paella at lunch time on the terrace and yes it is still one of the best I’ve ever eaten.

My only criticism is that the food is not very good, it is not interesting and could do with the addition of some Local dishes, also you can’t charge anything to your room and have to pay as you go.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 17 May 2018

If you are looking for a nice quiete relaxing holiday then this is for you. I normally write my reviews with things we liked and didnt like.
THE LIKE LIST.
1. Amazing setting and location.Definetely worth paying the extra for a sea view. This was the best bit of the holiday for us as you can see out to sea and the beautiful cove from the window and balcony.
2. The food was really nice. A reasonable selection and they changed it every day. It was nice and hot and no big queues. Breakfast was from 8.30 am till 10.00 am. Dinner from 8.00pm till 10pm.
3. The pool and surrounding was lovely and clean. Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas. No really deep bits in the pool. 1.6 metres in the deepest part.
4. Free wi fi. A new code each morning from about 8.30am.
5. The room was a reasonable size and it was ceaned daily. A nice size inbuilt double wardrobe with about 6 hangers each. A bath and seporate shower on the wall(the water ran into the bath)in the bathroom, it was a decent size a hot water all the time.
6. Friendly and helpful staff.
THE WE DIDNT LIKE AS MUCH LIST.
1. The bath towels were a bit small and a bit thin.
2. There was a seporate bar and restaurant for lunchtimes and although the food and drinks were good we found it a little expensive for us and we used the Piccolo Mundo Restaurant which was only 5 minutes walk away.
Just a note to say there is no Tv in the bedroom but we soon got used to not having it.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view. Worth every penny.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank JamesEngland234
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a week at the xuroy. Hotel and rooms spotless. Friendly helpful staff nothing too much trouble and all with a smile. Our stay was half board which we don't usually do but it came in handy as there weren't many places to eat. The breakfast and dinner buffets were plentiful. My only downside I found little or no vegetarian option. There were vegetables, rice and pasta. Some salad options for starters but had to check as some had meat in. That said we had a wonderful stay. The hotel setting is picture perfect. I didn't believe brochure until I got there.
The rooms are very modern with shelving and one fitted wardrobe. A small vanity table would have been handy. Not griping as we had enough space to put things just the shelving a bit open. Oh and one other thing I find a shame with this and other hotels is how much they charge for the safe in the room. €15 plus €6 rent the key. I have stayed at hotels which only charge a deposit for the key. It seems unfair to charge quite a lot of money for a little box in the room.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple