“Friday Fish Fry - Best in town”

Wegner's St Martins Inn
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a true supper club experience. When you enter the restaurant/bar you check in with a host that welcomes you and takes your name and group size. It will usually take an hour as they are packed in the dining area, so settle in, get a drink at the bar and visit with your group or friends. Keep 1 hr wait in your frame of mind or you'll be disappointed in wait time.
When your called to your table on a Friday, you can mull over their offerings on a menu or do as what most others are do and select the delicious Friday Fish Fry. Tender cod breaded and fryed just right with a tasty tarter sauce (you could have it baked, but you only live once...enjoy it). I'd highly recommend their German potato pancakes with applesauce which complements the Fish Fry quite well. Their coleslaw is pretty good too. I've been here multiple times over several years and have never been disappointed in the Quality of the Fish Fry.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My Husband and I have eaten here numerous times. We have brought guests from out of town on occasion, and the Friday fish fry has always been good. We were there earlier tonight and I decided to have the fish sampler and my husband the shrimp, just to mix it up from the haddock for a change. Well, I wish I hadn't bothered. The steamed haddock was so dry I didn't eat it, the scallops and shrimp were both very much over cooked, and the best fish was the fried haddock. I should have stuck with the usual and saved some money! My Husband found his shrimp were also over done. I've always griped about the fact that they don't offer a salad option on Friday's, and find that the meal is heavily carb loaded. I go there knowing that in advance, but really dislike that about it. The surprising thing about tonight was that it wasn't jammed to the rafters the way it normally is, so found the fact that the fish was so over cooked really disappointing. I will stick to the tried and true going forward, but will wait a while before returning.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Don't understand why people like this place so much. I had the German Sampler. You go to a restaurant that specializes in a certain cuisine, you eat what they specialize in. Sampler wasn't anything special. Food was overly salted & nothing to write home about, especially for the price. Ruben soup was decent. Salad with warm bacon dressing was ok. Bread was ok. Butter came on a saucer in a big hard slab. Husband has a tenderloin with did not resemble a tenderloin (They overkilled it with tenderizer).You tenderize a fillet with bacon if you choose to tenderize it at all. Potatoes were hard & my father sent his veal back because it was too salty. Waitress was nice. Service a little slow. Would not go back. Prices way too high for what they're serving up. I usually am not too picky, but if you're charging a higher price, the quality should match.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

During the week Wegner's has tasty German food but we love their Friday fish fry. Their beer battered haddock is our favorite and I'm partial to their potato pancakes. I'm very picky about my coleslaw and theirs is perfect. I don't know what's in the tartar sauce, but it's the best I've had anywhere in the US. Generous portions. It's not a huge place, so come early (or get take-out). They serve the fish fry for lunch and dinner. We think it's the best in the greater Milwaukee area!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

You may have to wait a little to get seated but it will definitely be worth your while. Best fish fry ever.