“Sunday Dinner out”

Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Carlson's Rustic Ridge is located on Castle Rock Lake just outside of the town of Friendship, Wisconsin. We have a full menu, including prime rib each night. Our large, all you can eat soup and salad bar is a go-to favorite for many. Drive in, boat over, or walk down to our beach bar, open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Memorial Day-Labor Day, featuring live music on holiday weekends.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Went to Carlson's on a Sunday Evening. Had a cocktail in the bar, very nice young lady behind the bar. Had the Sunday night special of deep fried chicken. All you can eat!! Was served with mashed potatoes and gravy, veggie, corn this night, dressing, cold slaw
and cranberry. Was very good ! I asked for something other than mashed potatoes and got wild rice, also good. They also had baked chicken, half chicken but not all you can eat, but all the other stuff. Both only $8.99! Love they're salad bar but passed that night.
Had a very nice waiter named Steve. He was very busy, but made sure to check on us. A very enjoyable evening. Always a fun place to come, we like the old supper club appeal of Carlson's! Would recommend!

rickcarlson2014, Owner at Carlsons Rustic Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you very much, i will make sure Steve and Jerri see this.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My husband took me to the all you can eat sea food and prime rib. With all that food and salad bar the price was right for all you get. and the food was out of this world . We will be gladly go again.

rickcarlson2014, Owner at Carlsons Rustic Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Wow. A new restaurant for us and it was beautiful and delicious. It's right on the lake; now, in Feb., we had a breathtaking sunset at 5:45 PM. The Friday night buffet was amazing with seafood, fish, chicken, prime rib and other items. The saefood chowder was the best I've ever had anywhere.

rickcarlson2014, Owner at Carlsons Rustic Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 13 January 2018

We arrived before dinner service and were cheerfully greeted. Our waiter told us the kitchen was not yet open; however, he would see what he could do. A few minutes later he was taking our orders from the full dinner menu. The salad bar is good, the food is terrific and came out fast. I had the prime rib sandwich special and added the salad bar (you don't need salad with the portions they put out!). The service was fantastic and the atmosphere was very nice. My wife ordered the nachos appetizer, her only complaint was the chips were not warm.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

After two disappointing visits, my wife and I decided to give them one last chance on my birthday in October. The salad bar was good, soup OK and the meal was very poor.
The Chef at this place really needs to back away from the spice cabinet and leave the food to speak for itself. My steak was cooked to perfection, then he or she proceeded to ruin it by loading it down with some heavy and God-aweful seasoning. On a previous visit, the same thing happened with my wife's pasta dish. Finer dining places in this area are few and just got one fewer for us.