“A place for Special Occasions”
Review of Republic Chophouse

Republic Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Republic Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 512 Restaurants in Green Bay
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cherry Street, Pine Street, Walnut Street
Description: Republic Chophouse is the ultimate in steakhouse dining with steak, seafood, chops, casual bar food, and decadent desserts. The moment you walk into our restaurant you know you're in for something different. We are redefining the urban steakhouse with a departure from the "stuffy boy's club" and a swan dive into the energized world of stimulating cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Our "no problem" philosophy promises the very best in food, service, and atmosphere. Join the Republic.
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We were greeted promptly when entering and even though we were a few minutes past our reservation, they sat us immediately. Waitstaff was knowledgeable and courteous. Very attentive to our questions (first-timers) and gave excellent recommendations. It's higher priced, so we will stick to very special occasions for a night out at the Republic Chophouse.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 31 December 2017

A bit pricey but well worth it. Best steaks and chops I have found in Green Bay, which tends to be more of a Sports Bar type of town. Hard to find on a small street behind the downtown hotels. Easy parking or you can walk from most hotels near the river.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Had no idea this place was so ridiculously overpriced, otherwise would have gone elsewhere. That being said, the food was average at best. Tenderloin was served on a plate with kettle chips, really? For $47 your steak comes with potato chips!? Sides are crazy expensive and feed 2 people max. Dessert was decent. Total bill for 4 was $350 with tip. That’s more expensive than my last visit to Ruth’s Chris and this place is no Ruth’s Chris....

Date of visit: December 2017
4  Thank flip_wilson
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Wife and I had Dinner. The place was quiet and nice for the 2 of us. I ordered the prime filet "medium rare to medium". It was excellent and cooked perfectly. My wife ordered Rib-eye. it was a little under done and tough. I would have sent it back, but she insisted it was OK. I'm giving it a 4 because my meal was great, my wife's meal was dis-appointing.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 November 2017

A fabulous steak and salad. A bit pricey but we knew that going into this restaurant. Staff and bartender were delightful.

Date of visit: November 2017