“Enjoyable with an asterisk”
Review of Chefusion

Chefusion
Reserve with OpenTable
Chefusion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 490 Restaurants in Green Bay
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dousman
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Chefusion is a very good fine dining institution. There is a full bar with some interesting drinks and a very good selection of beers. One can expect a delightful amuse-bouche before the dinner begins. My wife and I chose from among a dozen or more appealing 3-course meals. My first course was lobster bisque and it was rich and tasty but I wish it would have been served more hot than tepid.

The second course was “prime” ribeye steak and it was preceded by some passionfruit ice to cleanse the palate – a nice touch. The steak was served with loaded mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley. I also chose to augment the course with a 4-oz. South African lobster tail for an extra fee and it was a real treat. The loaded potatoes were good but heavy on the Neuske bacon, which emphasizes a smoky flavor; good if you like it. The vegetables were perfectly done. In retrospect, I probably should have returned my ribeye. While it was done medium-rare, exactly as I ordered it, the meat was sinewed well beyond acceptable. I understand a good ribeye cut will feature some fat and marbling but even with a steak knife it was a challenge to cut. The taste was fine but much of the cut remained on the plate because it was too tough to chew. What is interesting is that my wife’s ribeye, also medium-rare, was a beautiful cut, nicely marbled and tender. It is to be hoped that your steak will be more like my wife’s steak.

Desserts were crème brulee and flourless chocolate cake. Both were delicious. Our waiter was friendly but needs some coaching on teas. Earl Grey is not English breakfast tea. Certainly not a deal breaker but for us tea snobs it was an eye-roller. There were some interesting coffees available as well.

This is a special occasion restaurant and deserves a look-see. The atmosphere is conducive to a nice date and they offer valet parking if you wish.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We have eaten at Chefusion three to four times in the last six months, and every visit more than met our expectations. Downstairs is more formal, upstairs more relaxed, but the food is excellent in both, as is the service. You have a choice of smaller or larger plates upstairs, and it would be a good idea to leave room for dessert. You really can't go wrong here.

2  Thank MikeKWisconsin
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Since I was unsure of how I would handle a more formal dining experience and the European style chef, I chose to go to their second floor on a Tuesday night. The specials upstairs on this evening were an assortment of dishes/drinks for $3. Perfect to try out their offerings. Started with a dirty martini that proved the bartender competent. Also tried the chopped salad which was fresh and had a light & tasty dressing. Many dishes allowed for my low carb diet, but I'm glad I didn't skip the breads offering! Delicious! The shrimp main course was satisfying. The Creme Brule did not disappoint. I enjoyed the more casual atmosphere of the upstairs. The downstairs is perfect for a more formal & quieter occasion. Now that I took advantage of the Tuesday night specials, I feel more confident to go any night and most probably will do just that!

1  Thank czimmer31
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our Saturday night dinner at Chefusion during our Lambeau Field weekend.

Service was perfect, we had a lovely meal and then enjoyed the music upstairs in the lounge.

We ended up running into the Chef at a late night tavern and enjoyed learning more about his history and ideas.

Well done.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Chefusion offers a more upscale dining experience than most Green Bay restaurants. The service is excellent. The menu offers a wide-variety of options. The small plates looked interesting, but we opted for the three course menu. I do find it odd that you pay the same price even if you don't want dessert. My first course was not good. I ordered their over-engineered Caesar salad. The cheese crisp tasted burnt. The salad in general was dry from the crisp and the croutons. The overall presentation made it cumbersome to eat. They need to get rid of it. My second course was good. The venison was perfectly cooked, the game meatballs were a flavor explosion and the wild rice was al dente. The vegetables were well cooked except for the almost raw carrot. My wife enjoyed her A5 steak special. They have a good offering of cocktails, wine, beer and other alcohols. The place itself is quaint and romantic. I simply hoped for better.