“ A Delightful Find”

The Black &Tan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Black &Tan Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 493 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

The first floor lounge area of this restaurant offers an interesting array of small plates in a cozy relaxed atmosphere. We ate there on a Friday night and it was surprisingly slow. Our waiter was very helpful and attentive, describing the portions and variations of each dish. Each couple ordered 3 plates and it was more than enough for dinner. The lump crab cakes, flash blackened tuna, beef bourguignon, and endive salad were all delicious. We plan to return soon for lunch or another dinner in the lounge. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

My wife and I went to Black and Tan for Green Bay Restaurant Week. It is a great way to try new places. I'm so glad we chose this!

A nice bar on the first floor (try their whiskey old fashioned!) while we waited for our reservation, and then we went to our table upstairs. We each ordered our meals, and added wine pairings (another special treat.)

Great service, excellent food. Prices are as expected (not inexpensive, but not "second mortgage" level.)

1  Thank Trevor L
Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

Get the lamb it was absolutely amazing. Wife had the Black & Tan, delicious. Service was great. Bar tender was very good. Best dining experience had anywhere in the country. We will be back!

Reviewed 8 May 2015

Black and Tan in downtown Green Bay is a bar and a restaurant. Both rooms serve the same food. In the corner of the bar there is a nice table that seats five and allows watching the action. Also less formal that's the restaurant. food is really good. Try and share 8-9 small plates between a table of four and a bottle of wine. Dishes change so just ask the server what's been on the menu for a while because everyone likes it and what he or she has tried lately. We had I think ten dishes and each one was very good. the cheese offerings were especially good.

Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick bite before a show. The service was excellent. I spilled my drink with only about 1/4 left anyways and the waiter brought me a new one instantly. He also poured our ciders into our glasses for us, in front of us. Which I find the little details in that very nice. The cheese and meat platter were delightful!