“Very good meal during restaurant week in Green Bay”

The Black &Tan Grille
Ranked #59 of 500 Restaurants in Green Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$75
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We have not been to the restaurant part of this establishment for about 7 years. After their move from De Pere, we had one very mediocre meal seated next to 50 people have a delayed Christmas party. Needless to say, with the number of restaurants in Green Bay, we have not been back since.
We decided to try them again during restaurant week to determine if this could be redeemed. We live VERY close to this place, so a good meal could mean more visits in the future.
Our experience was very good. Aside from the fact the reservation never made it to their system, but they remedied that, and found a table for us.
We selected the restaurant week menu and we were not disappointed. The crab cakes and salad were tasty, although the small size of the salad did not match the size of the crab cake entree. Since the ingredients of the salad are much less expensive than the crab cake, that was surprising.
The entrees were top notch. Steak was cooked perfectly, and the whitefish was really delicious. Desserts were yummy. Wines suggested to be paired were very good.

We will return to try other options on the full menu.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Great service will sell any business and this place has it! The service here it top notch, this is the first time for me in Packer country and what an exceptional experience this was. Food was tasty and they allowed me to mix up the menu to my liking..... That's always a plus!
But the real experience here was the great waitress who attended to me she was just great with a fantastic personality.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Looking for a quick lunch restaurant and found the Black and Tan Grille! Staff was overboard courteous and friendly! Spacious eating area with street views and very clean and maintained! Had the Mac and Cheese Special and it certainly was special! Would return again without hesitation!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I went with my husband and parents while we were on vacation. It was a breath of fresh air from butter burgers and cheese curds. Steak was superb and perfectly seasoned and cooked. Wine selection was great. Creme bru le was amazing!!! My dad is smitten with the chocolate martinis. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Black & Tan is a great spot for a date night or a celebration. It's not cheap but the food we had was amazing. I choose to get three appetizers for my meal and did the salad and bread serving a la carte. My husband ordered the signature Black & Tan 8 oz. tenderloin. The bread service was first and you have four varieties to choose from, the dipping sauce is so tasty! You can get more bread if you'd like. I had a salad for the next course which was fine but the raspberry vinaigrette was bland. My husband enjoyed his spicy tenderloin chili. Our main courses were so delicious. The appetizers were bigger than I anticipated so I ended up bring food home. The lobster mac and cheese was creamy and yummy, the bruschetta was some of the best I've ever had, and the tenderloin purses were great. My husband's steak was perfectly cooked and so tender. The mashed potatoes on the side tasted good but were not warm enough. For dessert we had creme brulee which was yummy! It tasted similar to the creme brulee we had several times in Paris.