“Ben is the best”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

In Green Bay for a Packer Game and our hotel recommended El Sarape for a strong margarita and good Mexican. This place did not disappoint. Our waiter Ben has been so pleasant and the Sarape margaritas are great. I recommend, stop by for a quick bite to eat and a good drink.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Was pleased with how good the food was. Lots to choose from and very reasonable. Kid friendly and highly recommended, they just need to work on consistent service. Our server asked if I wanted another beer but I was nearly done with my meal. Then it took some time to get our bill and we were more than ready to leave.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Moving down the block to the former Tilted Kilt location, this favorite Mexican Restaurant is only getting bigger and better.

More tables and booths to serve those of us who enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine. And now the addition of a rather large and attractive bar has added to its offerings. Can't wait for next summer to see if they will include the apparent outside dining to the options here. Very nice area available for them to utilize.

One word of excitement is the food has not changed and the service is still very friendly. They are working out the "kinks" of an expanded work/serving area, but don't go there unless you want excellent Mexican food. Keep up the good work folks!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Chips and salsa were good then came dinner. My Chicken Flautas were way over cooked. My husband said his Burrito was flavorless. Will try a different Mexican place next time.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I started going here occasionally since about 2007 and, while I like their food, I almost always get terrible service here! But, generally speaking, if you are dining solo in the Green Bay area, you WILL get poor service at just about every other restaurant also! On this occasion there was a "home Packer game" and, although I thought I would beat the crowd, the place was full of "green and gold morons"--and while I was seated right away, I had to wait, wait, and wait for my meal and a coffee refill. I do like the fact that they have some non-beef, non-pork healthy choices such as spinach enchiladas and shrimp enchiladas, and all of their food is consistently good. However, good food with bad service still makes for an unpleasant overall dining experience!