See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2017

This was a very odd, quirky place to stay. We were here for a get together with friends. There is a fire pit out back and plenty of wood by the house to burn. You cannot go down to the beach from here, the stairs are roped off and the beach is pretty awful looking. The main office is attached to a residence, which is really nice compared to the rest of the grounds.
The cabins are tiny, rather clean, the owner warned us to not turn the lights on in the room until we close the door due to the gnats that swarm around the outside lights... we opted to shower when we got home, cause the shower was tiny and creepy. We were glad we weren't staying more than a night, cause it was rather bland. Checking out the next morning we had to knock, and knock and ring the bell multiple times before someone came down and took the key from us. (Yes they have physical keys still!)

Room Tip: The last room in the cabins overlook the lake, which is blocked by trees...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel4Fun31
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I spoke with the owner and he said it was $50 a night. Then when we showed up I saw $65 and figured that was for one night. The man at the counter said he would need to call the owner and he gave me the $50 a night. But then I saw $65 was for two nights so questioned that and the guy said no (but the owner had two nights marked for $65...should have called owner myself but did not so paid $100 for two nights). Then I asked if I walked off the street what would a rate be and he said the owner has to say. There should be published rates and I understand it can change based on availability. The room was clean and okay, but I asked for more toilet paper and the housekeeper said she would have to ask someone and none came. So I had to go in morning and get more. Then we came back late and found that our room had not even been touched between our first and second night stay. The wet towels were still on the floor and bed unmade. That is terrible. They are doing remodel but they need to get a better handle of cleaning rooms and stating rates accurately.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2016

In 30 years of traveling, I have stayed in many hotels, inns, and other types of lodging. I have NEVER stayed in a motel as bad as this one. We stayed here for a family wedding (not the fault of the family members who arranged the location...) and many people decided not to stay after driving into the parking lot.

The facility is falling apart and ownership is not fixing things. There are too many examples for me to list, but one example is the bathroom door where it was obviously kicked or forced open and they fixed it with ugly wood putty and screws. Things like this abound at this location. The old wooden stairs and "planking" on the second story is coming apart...amazed that they wouldn't be shut down by building inspectors.

If you've ever seen Hotel Impossible on The Travel Channel, this is one of the properties that Anthony Melchiorri would NOT be able to save. I guess ownership is used to this as they have a big sign in the locked office that states no refunds after you check in. So unless you demand to actually see the room before you hand over your credit card, there's no going back. I guess it's easier to print a sign when you have many guests complaining as opposed to actually investing money in your property. Even things that would appear to have been remodeled show that it was done on the cheap and with no regard to consistency or continuity.

Save yourself the aggravation. With all due respect to others who have labeled this a "hidden gem" and such, it is not. It is a run-down old motel with owners who don't have the capital to do the true remodeling necessary to capitalize on the beach location.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank gmargrett
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

I think this may be a homeless shelter.Needed an overnight in the area and just looked at a room. Couldn't stay there. Too bad because the location has potential.Nice guy at the desk and plenty of parking.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Me and my wife stayed here on our baby-moon and we had a great time. The owners are extremely nice and the motel was very clean. We accidentally left clothes in the room and went back home to Michigan. I contacted the owner and he was extremely nice and courteous about the whole situation. He actually sent the clothes to Michigan charge free. I was astounded by the whole situation. You don't see that very often anymore. I would reccomend this place and do plan on returning in the future.

Room Tip: Room 10 is the only one not completely updated yet, however it has the best view of the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple