“My compliments to the chef!!! ”
Review of Cafe Seiche

Cafe Seiche
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Seriously one of the best meals we have had in a while. The chef has a great menu and she executes it perfectly! I had the vegetarian polenta dish and my husband had the lake trout...both were fabulous! Great wine list, desserts was great! Loved everything about this place.. the ambiance, our waitress, Lydia, and the screened porch... it was all just great! Liked it much better than the pretentious Pub and Wine bar down the street....

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I love "Farm to Table Restaurants." Cafe Seiche does represent that standard almost perfectly. Everything that our group of four ordered was mostly locally sourced...not sure of the beef tenderloin nor the trout. During our week long stay on Madeline Island, I never saw any cattle...anywhere...plus, maybe they utilize "Lake Superior Trout"...but, I am not totally sure. Anyway our group ordered "two daily specials" of Shepherds Pie, one trout dinner, and one "special" beef tenderloin dinner. The beef tenderloin dinner, served with mashed potatoes and peas was spectacular! The owner of the trout dinner...would only admit to his dish being "ok...not great." The two who ordered the "Daily Special"...Shepherds Pie...both claimed their main courses as "pretty good." I do not question that Cafe Seiche is a Madeline Island favorite...but their chef, the food, and presentation would not be favorably rated in any market of any size in the US. I do applaud their attention to locally sourced food items...and their attempt at being a gourmet restaurant...although they fall somewhat short of that goal.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We were the first ones in, and the place quickly filled up. The minimalist menu was fine, and it allows them to focus on a few items. I went for the beef and my wife the trout; it's what we do. Things took awhile to come out, but not that bad. There is a full bar, nothing on tap however. The staff was nice, and kept the water topped off. The water, or the glass smelled a bit fishy though, which slightly took away from the experience. The beef was perfectly cooked and flavorful and the trout was the best according to my wife, it all tasted very fresh. She had never eaten rhubarb, so we tried the strawberry rhubarb crisp and it was fantastic. It's pricey, but for the island it's in the normal range. You should give it a shot.

1  Thank Eric S
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We rank this dinner the best on the island. Everything about this place is special and so worth a visit...everything was amazing from the celery gorgonzola soup to the beet salad to veggie zoodle to the white fish! The service and wait staff was incredible attentive and so friendly.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

This would be the fanciest plate on Madeline Island. The food is prepared with that gourmet presentation and smaller quantities that make some of my friends shy away, and honestly I only get there a couple times a year. But when I do the experience is amazing, the food always surprises with unique flavor combinations.

But if your group isnt trying to have a gourmet and somewhat pricey dinner, you should still come check out the Seiche. I would recommend ordering 1 of every dessert and then passing them to the left so everyone can try all the desserts. You will love this experience and it is a great way to experience this chefs amazing flavor alchemy.

Been to Cafe Seiche? Share your experiences!