We have to been to Grand Geneva Resort quite a few times, and had enjoyed it until this last time. I had received a phone call prior to our 2 night stay asking if we had any special requests, which I did. I wanted early check in 10:00am, and 1st floor it would be easier with our dog. We arrived at 10:00am to be told our room wasn't ready. So by 11:30 they had a different room available which we took, it was a king size bed and we were 4 adults, needless to say 3 room changes later we finally by 1:00 pm got into a room. We stayed in a suite at 450.00 a night, and at that price I would expect better condition, than the room was in. It was in dire need of a paint and the furniture had seen a better day. Apparently the resort has started to sell out their rooms at huge discounted rates so everything is looking shabby and worn out! A few times during our stay we asked different people a question and never received a reply that would indicate they've worked here very long. We ate dinner Sat. Night in the restaurant, and one of the people in our group is a vegetarian so she asked the waitress about a pasta, tofu dish on the menu, she replies, oh it's pasta with a loaf of tofu on it with some orangish sauce. Oh doesn't that sound delicious! Two of the people wanted to golf well to try and get tee time was a joke! They book so many outings on the weekends that guests of the resort can't even get out! The guys that work at the pro shop even said that there are way to many outings, they don't care about taking care of the guests anymore. We felt the resort has changed so much and doesn't feel special anymore it's turned into a cheap discounted hotel. It certainly
Doesn't deserve to have 4 stars anymore because they sure aren't anything to grand anymore!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Geneva® Resort is the place to meet. Whether a corporate meeting, convention or a gathering with friends and family, the endless range of meeting rooms & space and activities will keep everyone engaged. Conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, there is so much to do at Lake Geneva’s only four diamond resort.Corporate travelers and families alike will find what they need to re-focus, relax or rev-up. With over 62,000 square feet of banquet space, guests have multiple options to choose from for that important business meeting, church retreat, wedding reception or family vacation. Or take time and enjoy a relaxing experience at the newly renovated WELL Spa or one of many dining options, while an indoor waterpark and kid’s program offer the excitement kids crave. Enjoy a group bonfire at the horse stables, a fast plunge down a ski hill, a serene walk through the trails or a drive down a fairway on two championship golf courses – all situated on Grand Geneva’s seemingly endless acres.No matter your reason for meeting….it’s all here in one Grand location in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Geneva Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva Resort And Spa
- Grand Geneva Lake
- Lake Geneva Illinois