Comfort Suites Lake Geneva East(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$110
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$199
Mill Creek Hotel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$178
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

SevenOaks(Lake Geneva)
US$229
US$219
Geneva Inn(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$184
Maxwell Mansion(Lake Geneva)
US$204
Lazy Cloud Inn(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$185
Baker House Hotel(Lake Geneva)
US$395
2,378 results
All reviewschop housegolf coursegrand genevabathroom mirroritalian restaurantplayboy clubjunior suiteget awayfire pitbeautiful groundsgreat golflobby barski hillfitness centersteam roomfrom chicagobottle of champagne
Reviewed 4 December 2017

This is a really good hotel to bring small children, as you can take them to swimming pool inside hotel or waterpark down the street (short trolley ride). The lobby is indeed grand and always has a roaring fire in addition to tons of holiday decorations. The staff was always friendly and accomodating which is important with toddlers that throw tantrums.
The short ride from Chicago makes it an attractive option...

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Steve M, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

I am so happy to hear you found it all here at Grand Geneva from the pools to the roaring fireplace and the holiday atmosphere. Thank you so much for the compliments on our team members, I can't wait to share your feedback with them. Thank you for choosing Grand Geneva!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Beautiful grounds and nice facilities for a family get a way. Gym and spa are a great outlet for parents and kids too. Plenty of dining options with Lake Geneva just down the road. Looking forward to playing golf here next summer.

Room Tip: Beautiful wooded grounds.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Steve M, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

I love that you are already planning for golf next summer! Thank so much for staying with us and for the great feedback on your visit. I am glad you found it a great fit for parents and kids too. We look forward to having you back in the summer.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

My husband and I were looking forward to spending a weekend with friends shopping and having great dinners. We are also dog lovers so our dogs go everywhere with us. The grand Geneva stated the were a pet friendly hotel. Well when you overbook your hotel and put people who are not in tune with dogs things don't go well. We were called away two times from having a great time with friends due to people knocking on our doors making the dogs go crazy. Basically we were told they were losing money. Some how I dont think that was the case. The first time we were called back because people entered my room and set off my girls I wound up missing dinner with my friends and eating in my room. The second time we were called back we thought when we got to our room the dogs would have been going crazy. They were quite as a mouse. All I can say is I will never stay at the grand Geneva again. For a weekend that was supposed to be fun it was the most stressful time I have encountered since I do not remember. The only positive thing I can say is the food and service at both restaurants are very good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

I would like to thank you for providing your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that your recent visit did not exceed your expectations. We strive to provide the highest level of service to our guests and the dogs that join us, but it sounds like there were some misunderstandings during your stay. I will work with my team to see where we can make improvements in the future to ensure a better experience for our guests and the dogs. Thank you so much for staying with us. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I had heard people rave about the Grand Geneva for years so we decided to give it a try while visiting family in the area for Thanksgiving. While the area and grounds are beautiful let’s be clear — this is not a high end hotel. The buildings and rooms are very dated and worn, the mattresses sag in the middle (probably haven’t been replaced for decades) and on a late November weekend in Wisconsin we were provided with one thin blanket per bed.
We may be relatively young snd healthy but it was an unpleasant surprise to discover that we had to pull all of our luggage up two flights of stairs — no elevators. We are Hilton diamond members and gold members at the Ritz Carlton and there are just basic amenities you would expect from a hotel that bills itself as high end and charges a resort fee — quality toiletries, robes, complimentary Starbucks or Nespresso, for example. Great that it’s a family place but the noise level of young children running and screaming through the hallways, lobby etc. at all hours of the day and night — along with their loud and inebriated parents literally bouncing off walls as they walk down the hallways trying unsuccessfully to corral their children (both nights we stayed there) would make it impossible to consider the Grand Geneva as a romantic or peaceful destination. It was even too much for our teenaged sons who were just looking to chill. But the rooms are so far from the lobby that there is no way for the front desk to monitor any of this.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am so happy you decided to give us a try. I do realize our layout is different from some of the other places that you have stayed, but we do take pride in the history of the resort and Prairie Style architecture that inspired our long layout built into the earth with different levels. I really do appreciate your feedback, and I will review it with our team to see where we can make improvements for the future. We make changes everyday based on valuable feedback from our guests like this. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

As guests of the Timber Creek Lodge, we had planned on visiting the Grand Geneva next door after the Trolley of Lights tour ended. After the tour, we were going to have a family dinner at the Grand Geneva and check out the hotel since we were thinking for our next visit to Lake Geneva we might stay at the Grand Geneva instead.

After this experience with a specific member of the staff at the Grand Geneva, we'll stick with the Timber Ridge Lodge.

I am angry about an interaction I had with your concierge "Scott". I called a couple of weeks prior to our visit to reserve our space on the Trolley of Lights. He knew we were going to be guests at Timber Ridge because he looked up our reservation. He didn't inform me during that call that we needed to meet the Trolley at Grand Geneva. Being that a trolley picks up at this hotel throughout the day at Timber Ridge, you can see how this could have been confusing and we thought that it would pick guests up here for the trolley tour.

Our reservation was for 6:00 PM. Around 5:30 PM, I called the concierge desk from my hotel room at Timber Ridge and Scott picked up. I told him we had a reservation at 6:00 PM and I wanted to confirm WHERE we needed to meet the trolley since I was calling from and staying at the Timber Ridge Lodge. He very clearly stated "meet the trolley in the lobby entrance where you sign in for the Trolley tour". I again reiterated that I was at the Timber Ridge and not Grand Geneva. He said just meet in the lobby and sign in. I have no accent, I speak English perfectly without an accent, as English as my only and primary language. I am not sure what he didn't understand about my question.

At 5:50 PM, we came down to the lobby and since there was no line forming here for the Trolley tour, I used the Trolley phone to call Scott. He said, very rudely, that I must have talked to 'another' Scott and he absolutely did not tell me that we were to meet at Timber Ridge Lodge. He was VERY disrespectful to me and in no way, should you be OK with an employee talking to guests that way. The proper thing for him to say, since me and my husband were standing in the Timber Ridge lobby with our 3-year old and 8-year old and my 70-year old mother, was that he is sorry that there was a misunderstanding. He also needs to learn compassion. He has a bit of an attitude when I made the reservation with him a couple of weeks ago, so I am sure this is not new to you. Concierge Scott needs to check his attitude when he clocks in for work.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

I really appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. I am so happy you enjoyed the grounds at the resort and your time at Timber Ridge, but I am so sorry for the misunderstanding about the trolley pick and the experience you had with the concierge. We strive to provide the highest level of service and it sounds like we fell short during your stay. It is through feedback like this that truly helps us to continue training and improve our service throughout the resort. I hope you were able to experience the trolley tour after all, if not please reach out and we would love to still make that happen for you. We value you as a guest and the feedback that you provide.