“My kind of restaurant”

Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Egg Harbor Café in downtown Lake Geneva, WI brings you the highest quality, carefully-sourced breakfast and lunch with fast, friendly service in a modern farmhouse setting, 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. daily. We serve free range eggs that are certified-humane. We serve Intelligentsia gold cup standard coffee, sourced directly from the finest small family growers. You will not find high fructose corn syrup in any of our food. We are happy to offer an excellent gluten free menu. Great food, great employees and happy, satisfied customers are the goals that influence everything we do. Owners John Wright and Mike and Aimee Farrell believe that Egg Harbor´s regular customers are the glue that holds us together. As a family-owned company involving three generations of children and grandchildren, we pride ourselves in being an extended family to a great number of people, both employees and customers, and in our restaurants´ active involvement in their local communities.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Speaking of someone who enjoys going out for good breakfast food more than your average diner, I was all-too-thrilled to stop by the Egg Harbor Cafe in Lake Geneva to refresh myself after a fitful night of sleep.
The service here is remarkably quick. My pot of blueberry tea flew out of the kitchen before I could bat an eye. Complemented by lemon and sinfully flavorful honey, it was a perfect remedy to raise my droopy eyelids.
Next came the garden scrambler, which consists of eggs, cheese, sour cream and a whole bunch of fresh veggies. I loved it, and especially enjoyed the English muffin and house-made jam on the side. The roasted, chopped potatoes on my plate were also quite a treat.
Breakfast for my father and I came out to about $30 after the tip. I would say that's pretty reasonable, though not cheap by any standards. However, for an experience much more organic, exciting, and healthy-feeling than your average Dunkin or Starbucks, I think the Egg Harbor Cafe is worth a small uncharge.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (872)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Location is in the downtown area. Atmosphere is rustic casual but very comfortable. Service was friendly and courteous. The food was well above average. Portions were large and the prices reasonable. There is also a small patio area that is nice. Definitely recommend this restaurant at least for breakfast.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food with healthy options available if desired. Good and fast service. My omelette was delicious and a healthy option.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Here a pat on the back to the entire team at Egg Harbor, for the success in managing through the 4th of July weekend without descending into chaos or insanity.
Downtown Lake Geneva is a crush of humanity in even a normal summer season -- with what is being treated as a post-pandemic return to volume, and all the issues of staffing and traffic, the challenges must be a nightmare.
No reservations -- be prepared to wait -- which noted, the turn-over is as rapid as should be expected for an egg and pancake house.
All that said -- other reviews will cover the cafe's menu, ambiance and appeal, for which little to add.
Except a tip of recognition to Chloe who served the five of us with skill, precision, and a friendly personality.
Well done, and we'll be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Delicious breakfast, discovered this place on our last morning in Lake Geneva, and I wish we had found it sooner. The coffee was the best, robust, didn’t taste like the mildly coffee-flavored water found at most of the restaurants we visited. Fresh ingredients, and the cherrywood smoked bacon was perfect. Service was good. Get there early, the place fills up fast, plus finding a parking spot downtown can be a challenge as the day goes on.

Date of visit: June 2021