“Birthday dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2015

Celebrated our sons birthday. Our waitress was wonderful. We were a large party she got everyone's food served with the help of another wait staff person so no one had to wait

Write a ReviewReviews (1,250)

Reviewed 6 August 2015

We like to stop at Popeye's for a casual lunch when we are in town. This time I started with a cup of their lemon chicken rice soup. There was no chicken and no rice and the lemon taste was overpowering. Not a good soup. I didn't eat it so the waitress took it away and brought me a salad instead. The mai tai was great. The perch was delicious.

WendyAF, Manager at Popeye's on Lake Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

I am glad you enjoyed your entrée and drinks. The perch is a best seller this time of year. I will pass your comments about the soup on to the chef and kitchen staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Our party of 7 ate here August 4th. The location along the waterfront affords a beautiful view of the lake and there is seating outside. It was in the 90's and sunny, so sitting outside in the sun, even under an umbrella was not an option as it was hot and very very windy. On a cooler evening or afternoon sitting outside would be nice. The food was just OK. Huge barbecue menu with pulled pork, brisket, lamb. Good selection of meats. BUT.... the salads were horrible. Just iceberg lettuce and nasty unflavorful bottled dressings. A few teeny tiny cherry tomatoes and a shred of carrots? cabbage ? honestly so small I couldn't remember just what the shreds were. The butterfly shrimp were really greasy and the fries tasted like they were all fried in the same greasy oil. They have cut their menu back, as it used to be twice this size. Really way too many items before. The drinks are expensive as well as the food. This restaurant screams tourist trap. We eat here because the kids love this place, but when it comes to eating they usually only pick at the food and waste half of it. Other nearby restaurants we have visited at least our kids actually eat the food. The decor and waterfront location draws the crowds but with such so-so food and so many greasy fried menu items, this isn't a restaurant I would recommend for a great meal. The wait staff is friendly and efficient at least. There are several other nearby restaurants putting out much better, healthier meals for a fraction of the cost.
If you love fried food and iceberg lettuce you'll love it here.

Thank you for the complement on our staff. We are lucky to have such a great team here. I am sorry your experience was not what you expected. I will bring your comments to our chef and make improvements in the future. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We hope to see you back!

Reviewed 5 August 2015

The food was okay but the drinks were NOT. Three of us ordered Bloody Mary's and not one of us enjoyed them. There was something wrong with the flavor and they put a huge lime and huge lemon in the drink which took up a large portion of the glass. Not only did I not finish the drink but the price was way too much! On a positive note I went there for happy hour last year and remember enjoying the appetizers.

2  Thank Jackie S
WendyAF, Manager at Popeye's on Lake Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. We will address these concerns at a staff meeting and correct them right away. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback!

Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Our family of 4 (kids ages 10 & 7) had lunch our bill with tip was $90. We had one appetizer, one beer, one lunch from the children's menu, our daughter had shrimp $18.99 it was 3 large shrimp, fries and salad. Nothing fancy. I had bbq pulled chicken sandwich with fries $12.99, drinks were $2.99 each, service was poor our food came out and sat 5 minutes before we were served. The only highlight was we had a lake view. There are too many good restaurants in Lake Geneva go elsewhere!

4  Thank Lbaker3366

I am so sorry to hear about the poor service you had. That issue is going to be addressed right away with the staff. We are grateful that you took the time to provide us with your feedback and we hope to see you back soon after these inconsistencies are taken care of and corrected. Thank you!