“Beautiful room Hotel for the young”

Aloft Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #33 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We arrived late but were greeted by very friendly staff. Put into a gorgeous room facing the river. Quiet and perfect view. Love this hotel, you can have the valet park your car and walk anywhere. Certainly is a hotel with a party atmosphere. Seemed to be happy hour everywhere in the hotel, halls, entry, common areas, drive. Wasn't always quiet and not all drunks were nice. But the hotel staff was outstanding at hearing your issues and caring enough to take care of them. If you want a party this is the place. If you want something a little more sedate and relaxing this may not be the place.

Room Tip: River view is very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Location was excellent as tons of nightlife/food was within minutes walk. Valet parking was quick (call down before you leave your room) and the service was great. My only hiccup was I got checked into an unmade room. But the error was rectified quickly and without hassle.

Im not a fan of dark hallways, but other than that Id stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We were bummed that the pool was closed for our visit. The front desk told us that we would've known ahead of time if we had booked directly with them and not through a third party website. However, that didn't fix the fact that the whole reason we chose this downtown hotel is because we knew it had a pool, and we have enjoyed other Aloft hotels in the past. Our 7 year old was so angry with us, and wanted us to switch hotels. But we stayed, because we had arrived in the evening with our three small kiddos. The room was pretty nice. But the shower was our next disappointment. The pressure was so low it took forever to take a shower. And the door did not close tight so the entire time you're working to get through the awful shower, a puddle of water is forming on the tile floor. The floor mat was no match for the water.
One other disappointment that maybe I should have known already but had forgotten, is that I was not able to earn my Starwood preferred points on the hotel stay because I booked through a third party website. That was a bummer too.
The staff was very nice. But we won't be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 17 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Aloft Milwaukee Downtown. We are so sincerely sorry for your negative experience at our location. It is always our goal that our guests enjoy a visit that meets that needs and expectations and I'm sorry this was not the case during your night with us. This is certainly not a typical representation of hotel or our service. We truly hope that you will give our property another chance to impress you in the future.

Sarah Lewis

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My husband and I were on a one night staycation in Milwaukee. We've stayed a Aloft hotels before and like the hip, relaxed vibe of them. Upon arriving (which I knew this already) we pulled up and gave our car to the valet. Now, I'm not driving anything fancy but I take good care of my car. It's clean inside and out. We'll get to that later. We go to check-in (about 2pm) and the room is already ready! Bonus! Staff at the counter is very friendly and helpful. Get to the room and it's clean and exactly what we expected - Everything is all good. Bed is comfortable, room is quiet. Check-out is speedy and folio is accurate. I was charged $27 for valet, again I knew this and all was good.

My husband and I waited for my car to be brought back from the valet. When it arrived at the door I was absolutely blown away because it was COVERED in bird poop. I'm not talking one splatter here or there. The ENTIRE front windshield and the driver side of the car was decimated! I could barely enter the driver side without touching it. If you look at my other reviews, I'm a pretty easy going person but this was not okay with me. The valet was like, "oh, you didn't bring it in like this?" Ummm, no, no I did not. The front desk did reverse the charge for the valet parking but I immediately had to go and get a car wash. It was disgusting and embarrassing that I had to drive around like that. Luckily I knew there was a car wash in the next neighborhood.

Bottom line, hotel and indoor hotel staff great. Valet parking and where ever they are putting the cars... horrifying.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 August 2017

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us. We want you to be assured that your concerns are our concerns. I want to personally apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us.

I have passed on your comments to our valet staff so that our team can work to address the issues that you experienced. This is certainly not a typical representation of our hotel. I want to assure you we take your feedback very seriously.

Again, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience at the Aloft, but it is only through comments such as yours that we can learn about these short comings and thereby correct them. I hope you will continue to stay with our family of brands. Your loyalty to the Starwood/Marriott family of hotels continues to make us the first choice among world travelers.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Stayed for the Brewer's vs. Cubs game and it was a Friday night. Upon arrival we did the Valet parking, which is really the only option unless you want to park off site and walk. Right next to the Bradley center and on the River Walk. The hotel is very small and cool. Different than most hotels we have stayed at. The employees from Valet to checkout, bar, etc.. were all super helpful and friendly. Probably some of the nicest hotel staff we have ever encountered. Gave us tips on where to walk (bars very close in a couple of directions) to catch a free shuttle to the game. It was very close and we felt safe even late at night. The Parking... well. This "lot/driveway" is TINY. We parked and did valet and the next day when we went to leave 2 cars were parked and so we were not able to drive around, had to back out into traffic to get out of the little driveway. It also took a while to get our vehicle. I think the guys have to walk over the river and to a different lot to get the vehicles. ALL valet staff was running and working super fast and incredibly friendly. No issues with them at all, just the room here was minimal. Makes their job hard. The courtyard was nice with a fireplace outside and some seating. We sat by the river walk on a bench and enjoyed a beautiful night out with friends. Rooms are small but had everything we needed. Per previous reviews of noise being an issue, we brought ear plugs. I forgot to put mine in and yes it was annoyingly loud. But you are on a busy bar road and it was busy until after 2am. Put some plugs in and sleep well. Bartender was great and made some very tasty drinks! Overall a cool place that would be great for some friends to hang at outside rather than in the bars. Pool is the size of a large hot tub really and the gym is visible from the courtyard. Kinda felt on display when in there. I would rather not have everyone see me workout.. lol. Overall, pretty good stay.

Room Tip: I think every side of this hotel is road or river so noise is probably an issue everywhere.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business