“Wonderful View and Comfortable Accommodations”

Aloft Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #34 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I arrived to shortly after check-in time began and was warmly greeted by the front desk. I asked if my friends and I were able to to get a room on a higher floor with a river view and they completely came through, our view of the river and downtown was awesome! The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and well appointed. Customer service here was top notch and everyone we spoke to was quite helpful. They have a pool and gym, which we sadly did not get the chance to use, that are both open 24 hours. The valet parking is $27 but is so convenient. This hotel is in walking distance of all the Old World 3rd st and Water st bars if you are looking to have a fun time.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a business meeting. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Great location in the river. My room faced an internal courtyard which was fine and quiet. The meeting room facilities were great! Lots of light and open feel. Staff was excellent! Dominque at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Would stay here again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We were in town for a family wedding. We had an early flight, arriving at 11 am. I had called the day before to ask if we could possibly get a room earlier than the 3pm check in. I was told we “probably could.” Well, that didn’t happen. We sat in the lobby for four hours, leaving twice to go find food. The staff never acknowledged us. And it was not busy. We were told we couldn’t have a room until the managers inspected them. The entire stay, the staff avoided going out of their way to acknowledge you.
For $130/night, not impressed. The set up of the room lets anyone see you at your bathroom sink because it is right in the door. If it’s opened. The shower had a glob of hair In it from previous guest. The bed linen was cheap, mattress pad lumped up.
The location was great, on the River Walk, near Old World brat houses and the new Bucks Arena.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Sarah L, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our location. I am so sorry that we did not have rooms available for and early check in. We try our best to accommodate all requests, but cannot always do so on a sold out weekend. I also want to sincerely apologize for any issues that you experienced in your guest room. I have alerted the housekeeping manager this morning to address your concerns with the housekeeper that cleaned your room right away. This is certainly not a typical representation of our guest rooms and service. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

The location is great and the hotel has a cool vibe. That is what you are paying for. With Valet parking, we paid almost 200.00 per night for a standard king bed room. They have great customer service but the bed is uncomfortable. The pillows were terrible, no firmness or support to any of them, not even a little. Many hotels offer different types of pillows for varying preferences. My neck and back hurt after only a few hours the first night. You'd think that comfortable beds and pillows would be a priority. Valet parking is 27.00 per night. There is a public lot across the bridge if you'd rather walk. We won't choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that you didn't get the best night's sleep. We do offer multiple types of pillows, including feather and firmer foam pillows in all our rooms, all king size for added comfort. I apologize if they caused anything but a pleasant night's sleep. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and our facility. I hope that this could help bring you back for another visit in the future.

Sarah Lewis

Reviewed 5 October 2017

This hotel is trying way to hard to be hip and trendy. The open lobby is also the bar, restaurant, and pool hall. The lobby area is too loud to comfortably relax after a long day of working. The "restaurant" is no more then a simple small cafeteria or vending area similar to what you would see at most work places. There is only ONE table in the restaurant area of the Milwaukee location. The room was dirty upon check in, and there were "Mike and Ike" looking candies on the floor next to the bed. The shower door is designed to look hip, as opposed to being functional. The door did not close all of the way and water gets all over. This hotel has soap and shampoo available mounted in dispensers like those you see in a common public bathroom; which didn't strike me as very sanitary; what if some fool would tamper with the contents, gross. There are only 4 or 5 parking spaces actually on the property of this hotel. There is free parking available, WAY across the bridge at what I personally consider unreasonable given the price of this hotel. Valet is available, but is also expensive. The "incidental" deposit that they charge to the card takes over a week to be released; even though they assure at check-in that it gets released the very next morning. Traveling for business, well dressed, and well manner, and they charge an incidental deposit on a room secured with a major card; just strikes me as odd. lol

At this hotel they book rooms by default facing the interior of the building. You have to request an exterior room. I highly recommend the exterior room; although there is a little bit more city noise... the view of downtown Milwaukee was absolutely stunning.

This hotel also has GREAT location, right down town, and is within walking distance of the mall, and several restaurants, bars, and attractions. The walk along the river in down town Milwaukee is also highly recommended, and very beautiful. (Side Note: wait until after about 9 am to take this walk. Before 9 am, there are a significant amount of homeless folks sleeping all over. Nothing against homeless folks, and for the record we didn't have any issues or problems with them as we walked.)

Dirty room is a big strike in my opinion. It's assumed that the room will be clean and sanitary upon check in. As far as my other opinions, those are simply my opinions; this hotel isn't horrible, but it is too non traditional for me. ;-)

Room Tip: Request an exterior room with a view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Sarah L, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you Rohhirim for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to sincerely apologize that our hotel was not the right fit your needs and that your experience was anything but perfect.

Aloft brand is definitely different in design than a traditional hotel, catering to the on-the-go, social and environmentally conscious individual. We do not offer a restaurant, but instead a grab and go concept to a quick bite any time of day. We offer our Re:Mix lobby space for guests to mingle with each other other games, cocktails and pool. We offer soap and shampoo dispensers to lessen our waste, since it eliminates individual bottles travel bottles. We understand that we may not be for everyone and thank you for giving us a try.

As for the housekeeping issue and the shower door that you mentioned, this will addressed with the team today. This is not a typical occurrence in our location and we will work to correct this type of issue so that others are not disappointed the same way.

Thanks again for your feedback. We hope you have an awesome day!