“Just awsome....service”

Aloft Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #33 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 4 October 2010

My experience with this hotel was just awsome. Everybody on the staff so so kind and friendly. They went above and beyond there call of duty on everything that was requested. They even had portable air matresses and they brought us more than one because we needed it. They came up just to spray our room with air freshner just so it smelled good. They were awsome....... we already booked our trip for next year. And a special thanks to Rebecca Grennier (Aloha Manager)

Markiss

Reviewed 27 September 2010

We took advantage of a $99 AARP rate at the last minute & were thoroughly satisfied with the ultra-modern style of the room & amenities provided. Hotel staff (Becky & Jay) were most courteous & helpful. Great lobby bar as well. Quite a value after recent stays at nearby options-Hilton, Doubletree, Pfister & Hampton. It's almost like a 2-1 value & will be our choice in upcoming visits to Milwaukee & Marquette U.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Aloft. I loved the hotel - the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were super modern and clean.

I would recommend using the self-service parking lot (about a block away) to save yourself some money.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2010

A new trendy experience. Rooms have large screen TV's and a trendy design, very comfy beds and clean rooms. Glass showers, coffee pots, mini-fridge, hairdryer, even a free bottle of water in your room everyday where other hotels will charge $4 if you drink the water in your room.
Lobby is like hanging out at your friends new trendy house. Pool table, couches, fireplace, computers, $elf $erve snacks and drinks, cocktail lounge after 5 with drink specials. Board games in lounge. Kid friendly, great heated pool and really nice workout room. Outdoor patio for hangin out with friends/family.
If you are looking for a stuffy wood and brass atmosphere this is not your hotel. If you are looking for a fun, relaxing, stay with opportunity to make friends or relax with those you know this is your place.
Rebecca G was extremely helpful when checking in and very friendly. The egg sandwiches for $4-$5 freshly made in the morning were great and served by a wonderful cook. The young lady in the lounge serving cocktails was super and had a great attitude, she was working late and was 8 months pregnant and still served with a big smile. Try it and have fun.

Reviewed 25 September 2010

Aloft presents itself as a "hip and fun urban-inspired hotel experience. I chose to stay at the aloft hotel in Milwaukee because i am a big fan of Starwood hotel's big brother, W Hotels, and I was sure a "W on the cheap" would be a great find in a city I often travel to for business. Unfortunately, aloft is neither less expensive nor is it as comfortable (or as "hip") as some of Milwaukee's other downtown hotels like The Iron Horse or Metro. I found aloft to be clean and neat, but several shortcomings made my stay less than enjoyable. First, my room faced the river, which I suppose should be a bonus. But the disturbing whirring and crashing noise from traffic crossing the metal grating on the two bridges on both sides of the hotel reverberated throughout my room 24 hours a day. Look forward to sleepless nights if you did not bring your earplugs. I assume this noise tortures the ears of all guests occupying any of the river facing rooms. Likewise, the low-end motel style floor standing heating/cooling blower unit installed under one of the windows in my room would roar on at regular intervals with a blast of noise just slightly quieter than a jet engine. Sure you can turn the thing off but the room quickly becomes uncomfortably warm and stuffy, and you cannot open the windows... Not that you would want to open them (see above). The pillows on the very hard platform bed are flat, hard and about as comfortable as sleeping on a sack of cement. Housekeeping repeatedly made up my bed with an ill fitting flat sheet on the mattress instead of a fitted sheet which constantly pulled off and rolled up during the night. The staff was generally young, seemingly inexperienced and completely incapable of providing good customer service. The valet parking attendants handed me my car keys, then preferred to stand around in a group chatting rather than help my wife and myself to our car with our luggage. Then they glared at us when I failed to tip them. I am a longstanding Starwood Preferred Guest member and in I am Milwaukee on business 2 or 3 times a month. I had hoped to make aloft my regular hotel... No way. Once was enough.

3  Thank soloart