“Best restaurant in Milwaukee!”
Review of Conejito's Place

Conejito's Place
Ranked #234 of 1,580 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Walker's Point
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I visit here quite often & every single time I come it's better than the previous visit. This is not the place to visit with high expectations beyond anything other than the food. Yes the place is older & not really updated, the food comes on paper plates & the service is quick & stale. Yet, this is the best Mexican food you will have anywhere beyond Mexico itself. The enchiladas are fantastic, the rice & beans are the classic old fashioned recipe & the tacos just blow your mind.

If you are new to Milwaukee or are looking to take someone out for a fantastic meal, take them here. It will cost you pennies & you will have an experience! I'll continue coming back as often as I can!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Our group of 6 had no trouble getting a table. The waitstaff was pretty quick and the food was good and pretty authentic Mexican. The mole was tasty and the chicken plentiful. The paper plates didn't hold the sauce very well and things got pretty messy. The meal was very reasonably priced and everyone left full.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I have been dining at Conejito's since I was attending MSOE in the late 70's. Papa Conjito, who I met many times, was a true gentleman who believed in dining the old-fashioned, family way. Their core menu, I am pleased to say, hasn't really changed that much in the 40-plus years that I have been a fan. And, that's amazing as well as being unusual. You can dine in their original bar-room dining hall or in their expanded dining area. Either way, you will be treated to quick service and delicious food not to mention their famous Margaritas. Love this place and will be back soon... Tichiganblues

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Have been going to this Milwaukee Institution for 28 years and I'm never disappointed. I've gone with family, friends and solo and have never had issues. Go with mindset of cheap eats served on paper plates and the food tastes good. Love their homemade Margarita's Regular, Strawberry or Half and Half (my personal favorite). I seem to gravitate to Steak and Bean tacos and Pork Burritos, but have enjoyed their Chicken Mole and Mexican Plate lunch as the wife and kids really aim for those two styles of lunches due to the flavor of the Mole is outstanding. In Forrest Gump movie, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you get inside". Same can be said for their refried beans. Sometimes it is fantastic and sometimes it is just ok, but more often than not, it is better than average. By the way, if you want to get in and out in 30 minutes, this is the place to go! They are fast.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Our first choice for a Mexican lunch was closed on the Friday of the holiday weekend so we walked the two blocks over here. It was packed at lunch so we sat at the bar (be warned there is a very scary painting of a child above the bar cash register!).

It had been years since we were here and we forgot how cheap this place is - three enchiladas with one side for under $4! And the paper plates add to the atmosphere.

The cheese and onion enchiladas were swimming in cheese and pretty tasty. The $3.25 strawberry margarita was good and cheap though not sure if there was much booze in it.

The service was fine despite how busy it was. Certainly the best value for Mexican outside Taco Bell.

Been to Conejito's Place? Share your experiences!