“neat property!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 August 2015

wedding food, but good! the atmosphere & grounds were so nice...
the little beer garden area was great too!

Reviewed 1 July 2015

good quality brunch with made to order omelets, bacon, sausage, pancakes, fresh fruit, turkey, pork, donut holes

Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

Went with a group of friends here for a Friday night fish fry. The fish fry was held in a different building from the normal restaurant. I think there was a wedding in the main building. Service was a bit slow. They had run out alcohol and had to run to the main building for more. Fish arrived in a timely matter. I had the combination platter. the fish seemed as though it had been cooked for awhile and rubbery. Not good at all! They best part of dinner was the bread. It was a nice location in the city and would be a good spot for a wedding but based on my experience I will not be back.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

I dined at the Hubbard Park Lodge for the Friday night fish fry. Definitely not a disappointment. The lodge is open for the fish fry on Fridays and the Sunday brunch. The lodge has a quaint, log cabin sense to it and a lumberjack theme going on. It is casual and family-friendly. I watched the hostess seat families with children, she passed out crayons and coloring papers to the little tikes. I was greeted promptly by my server and proceeded to place my drink and food order. I had the lake perch dinner. That was served with a basket of marbled rye bread and an Italian style white bread. Both breads had a fresh texture to them and were not dried out. My perch dinner arrived piping hot and with more than a generous portion of perch on the plate. There were six [count them] filets. The perch was perfectly breaded and seasoned. I had the option of french fries or potato pancakes. I choose the latter. The potato pancakes were thick and I raised an eyebrow for a moment, wondering if they were those prefabricated, frozen kind I have encountered at a few other places...but no, they were clearly made from scratch. When I cut into one of them, the shreds of potato were visible. The pancake was crisp and well-seasoned with the correct hint of onion. There was a standard style of coleslaw served with the meal. For those who do not wish a fish fry. The lodge serves up several sandwich offerings. I will definitely return to Hubbard Park Lodge to try the Sunday Lumberjack Brunch, it looked very interesting. For those concerned about calorie intake, there is a lovely walk along the Milwaukee River Bluff to and from the lodge which will help expend some of those extra calories you take in dining there!

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Son, daughter-in-law, husband and myself went to Hubbard Park Lodge on Sunday for their all you can eat brunch. They have a chef who prepares your omelet with whatever ingredients you choose and they are very good. They have a small vegetable salad bar as well as fresh fruit, pancakes and turkey breast and ham. A server brings you all the bacon, sausage, potatoes and coffee you could possibly want. The cost is $13.95 per person which isn't too bad considering the amount of food they provide. The lodge is very uniquely decorated inside and outside and it's near the river. We would go back again if invited by our son and daughter-in-law.