“Wedding Reception”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

My husband and I chose this venue for our wedding ceremony (outside) and reception because we loved the location by the river, surrounded by nature. We lucked out with beautiful weather for our fall wedding (October '14) and were able to have the most amazing pictures outside in this naturally beautiful park. The lodge for our reception was also great. It was the perfect size for our guests as we only had 125; I wouldn't recommend it for a larger guest list as it would be crowded. The food was also great which was the one thing I was nervous about (only based on the food tasting which was just so so). However for our actual wedding, everything turned out and we received compliments on the wedding food...large portions, meat was well-cooked, and served hot (because we all know wedding food can be pretty crappy). They also had a good selection of hors d'oeuvers for cocktail hour and a full service bar. They were also very kind to get certain beers we requested on tap for our guests....even Pumking and they gave us the Pumking tapper as a wedding gift!! Overall I was very satisfied with using Hubbard Park for our wedding!

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

We came for a wedding. The multi-level facility is great for banquets, unfortunately the services was very slow between courses. Without the slow service, I would have given this 4 stars. The food quality and quantity were way above our expectations. Huge portions of pasta salmon or steak. Wow.

Great location in a park along a river.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

wedding food, but good! the atmosphere & grounds were so nice...
the little beer garden area was great too!

Reviewed 1 July 2015

good quality brunch with made to order omelets, bacon, sausage, pancakes, fresh fruit, turkey, pork, donut holes

Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

Went with a group of friends here for a Friday night fish fry. The fish fry was held in a different building from the normal restaurant. I think there was a wedding in the main building. Service was a bit slow. They had run out alcohol and had to run to the main building for more. Fish arrived in a timely matter. I had the combination platter. the fish seemed as though it had been cooked for awhile and rubbery. Not good at all! They best part of dinner was the bread. It was a nice location in the city and would be a good spot for a wedding but based on my experience I will not be back.