“Plan to be in a food coma for the rest of your Sunday”
Review of Hubbard Park Lodge

Hubbard Park Lodge
Ranked #469 of 1,555 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

First off, this resturant is only open Friday night for fish frys and Sunday brunch. The rest of the time is private events or closed. Now that you have looked at your schedules, look again at your Sunday and plan to get nothing but napping done for the rest of the day. You will be in a food coma, even if you skip the bottomless mimosas or bloody Mary.
This place is informal, but classy people were there for birthdays and showers. Some of the seating are large round tables for 8-10, so it is excellent for groups. Some are rectangular for 6, there is counter / balcony seats (see picture) and an outside patio.
Easy to get to from the Oak Leaf bike path at the Shorewood/Milwaukee boarder, or there is parking and a little unusual walk through a tunnel. We were sat immediately upstairs.
This is all you can eat and its no joke! Omelette bar, pancake bar, fruit station, meat carving station, cereals are all self select that you go get. Fried donuts holes, bacon, sausage links, hash browns are served and served again. Full bar. Beautiful building in park grounfs setting with Milwaukee river as your backdrop. You will want to have your wedding or wake here after you see the place! What they lacked in prematurely removing flatware they make up for with sweet charming staff and delicious food. You should walk the foot paths after to check the wildlife- blue herons, kingfisher and evidence of beaver when there is less vegetation. Enjoy!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

We chose this beer garden for its beautiful setting: right under the gorgeous trees, above the shimmering river, the geese and their goslings below us and the bikers on the bike path next to us. Couldn't have asked for a better place to be on a warm afternoon, reconnecting with friends. I ordered white wine and when it was served the gentleman said the glass was so small that I could have refills! Which I told him I would definitely be getting. My friends ordered the bloody mary's, and we all went to sit down. There was no one else in line, the place had a total of maybe 5 people in it. After chatting for about 10 minutes we began to wonder what was taking the bloody mary's so long. We waited another few minutes and then we'd had it. One of us went up to ask, because we figured they must have forgotten about them. They weren't busy so what could possibly take so long? Well! She came back with these awesome bloody mary's! We all said WOW, they had everything in them, olives, pickles, the works. So they were definitely worth the wait. What would have made this place perfect was if they offered what Humboldt Park Beer Garden has - a veggie hot dog! I'll bet any money that will be on their menu some day, because if Humboldt Park can offer it, so can Hubbard Park! I'm always on the lookout for places that offer brats and dogs, to see if they have a veggie on the menu so I can partake, too. I'm always optimistic that some day ALL brat/dog places will serve everyone because I LOVE me some brat/dogs!!!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

This is a perfect brunch spot for whole family to get together.
1. They can easily accommodate groups of all sizes.
2. Family friendly food options.
3. Very reasonably priced for what you get.
4. Good food. (Particular favorites are the donuts, the cheesy hash browns, the breakfast sausage, the carved turkey and the omelet station.)
5. Great staff. Always friendly.
6. Beautiful setting. We all tend to over eat at buffet/family style brunches, having to walk through the park to get back to your car afterwards is probably a good thing.

Now, I am partial to the location because I was married here. But that aside, all of my extended family has come to enjoy this place for Sunday brunches and it is regularly one of our go-to places for getting together because everyone from my parents in their 70s to my nieces and nephews who range in age from 25 to 5 like going here.

The bottomless mimosa for $10 is a nice perk as well.

Also, I give this place a 5 because of how much enjoyment we get of going there. And I do think it is a good value for an all-you-can eat type of place. But I will say, the food is just good to very good, not fantastic generally. But the experience as a whole is still a 5 for me. I think a 4 would also be a fair rating for this establishment.

Final note: Hubbard Park only is open to the public for Friday Fish Fry and Sunday Brunch, other times it is used for functions. So don't show up on a Saturday, you'll be very disappointed. Although in summer their beer garden has some additional hours. Check their website for more information.

1  Thank Willowsandroads
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

My husband and I chose this venue for our wedding ceremony (outside) and reception because we loved the location by the river, surrounded by nature. We lucked out with beautiful weather for our fall wedding (October '14) and were able to have the most amazing pictures outside in this naturally beautiful park. The lodge for our reception was also great. It was the perfect size for our guests as we only had 125; I wouldn't recommend it for a larger guest list as it would be crowded. The food was also great which was the one thing I was nervous about (only based on the food tasting which was just so so). However for our actual wedding, everything turned out and we received compliments on the wedding food...large portions, meat was well-cooked, and served hot (because we all know wedding food can be pretty crappy). They also had a good selection of hors d'oeuvers for cocktail hour and a full service bar. They were also very kind to get certain beers we requested on tap for our guests....even Pumking and they gave us the Pumking tapper as a wedding gift!! Overall I was very satisfied with using Hubbard Park for our wedding!

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

We came for a wedding. The multi-level facility is great for banquets, unfortunately the services was very slow between courses. Without the slow service, I would have given this 4 stars. The food quality and quantity were way above our expectations. Huge portions of pasta salmon or steak. Wow.

Great location in a park along a river.