“Colleague Interviewing”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Joined a group who were courting a possible candidate at Hubbard Park. The walk is beautiful to get to the lodge, going under a tunnel and along the river bank. The food is tasty and the live music, with kids hopping around and trying to catch bubbles makes this both a family restaurant and a nice spot out for events or with friends.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Fish fry was passable - just. Fish had clearly been made ahead. Came out way too quick and was warm, not hot. Fish had been held ( in a warming oven?) and was dried out. Potato pancakes were the same.
Wouldn't go here again. There are so many others that are great in Milwaukee.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

I truly believe this is a best kept secret in Milwaukee for Brunch. A $10 bottomless mimosa bar serving that is most ample at your table, in fact the number of glasses at our table extended x 2-3, the 10 of us there. The drinks kept coming. The brunch itself was varied, fresh and ample for anyone. Omelette bar was incredible! Not to mention the donuts, meat trays (bacon and sausage), and cheesy hash brown platters that were arriving at our table non-stop. You literally can't go wrong here. The park setting is beautiful next to the river, Hubbard is a lodge setting next to the beer garden, so ... yes ... you guessed it, that is what you do next, post brunch. Don't miss something SO unique to Milwaukee, it's worth every minute and dollar, and might I add, it's $15.99 per person for this huge brunch, when other places would easy charge $30 + not to mention the mimosas. Hubbard is calling, you need to answer.

1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

First off, this resturant is only open Friday night for fish frys and Sunday brunch. The rest of the time is private events or closed. Now that you have looked at your schedules, look again at your Sunday and plan to get nothing but napping done for the rest of the day. You will be in a food coma, even if you skip the bottomless mimosas or bloody Mary.
This place is informal, but classy people were there for birthdays and showers. Some of the seating are large round tables for 8-10, so it is excellent for groups. Some are rectangular for 6, there is counter / balcony seats (see picture) and an outside patio.
Easy to get to from the Oak Leaf bike path at the Shorewood/Milwaukee boarder, or there is parking and a little unusual walk through a tunnel. We were sat immediately upstairs.
This is all you can eat and its no joke! Omelette bar, pancake bar, fruit station, meat carving station, cereals are all self select that you go get. Fried donuts holes, bacon, sausage links, hash browns are served and served again. Full bar. Beautiful building in park grounfs setting with Milwaukee river as your backdrop. You will want to have your wedding or wake here after you see the place! What they lacked in prematurely removing flatware they make up for with sweet charming staff and delicious food. You should walk the foot paths after to check the wildlife- blue herons, kingfisher and evidence of beaver when there is less vegetation. Enjoy!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

We chose this beer garden for its beautiful setting: right under the gorgeous trees, above the shimmering river, the geese and their goslings below us and the bikers on the bike path next to us. Couldn't have asked for a better place to be on a warm afternoon, reconnecting with friends. I ordered white wine and when it was served the gentleman said the glass was so small that I could have refills! Which I told him I would definitely be getting. My friends ordered the bloody mary's, and we all went to sit down. There was no one else in line, the place had a total of maybe 5 people in it. After chatting for about 10 minutes we began to wonder what was taking the bloody mary's so long. We waited another few minutes and then we'd had it. One of us went up to ask, because we figured they must have forgotten about them. They weren't busy so what could possibly take so long? Well! She came back with these awesome bloody mary's! We all said WOW, they had everything in them, olives, pickles, the works. So they were definitely worth the wait. What would have made this place perfect was if they offered what Humboldt Park Beer Garden has - a veggie hot dog! I'll bet any money that will be on their menu some day, because if Humboldt Park can offer it, so can Hubbard Park! I'm always on the lookout for places that offer brats and dogs, to see if they have a veggie on the menu so I can partake, too. I'm always optimistic that some day ALL brat/dog places will serve everyone because I LOVE me some brat/dogs!!!