“Highly recommended Greek food”
Review of Apollo Cafe

Apollo Cafe
Ranked #227 of 1,593 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I go to this place all the time great food every time, friendly service and the prices are very reasonable. Meditteranean salad with grilled chicken is my favorite.Nice very clean. This place is family owned and they care about their business. OPA!

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Good Greek food at a good price. Brady Street so parking is a nightmare. The combination platter is excellent, with enough food to share. The baklava wasn't as fresh as I'd like, but still good.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

My husband and I stopped in this cafe last week for about the third time. Apollo Cafe is a great way to get like-home prepared food in short order from ordering at the front counter. Recently we ordered the Pastitsio and the Veggie Platter (includes Veggie Dolmathes, Spanakópita and Greek Salad piled high). Spanakopita in this case is a dense, tall, spinach and feta mixture with not so much phyllo dough as other versions elsewhere. Very tasty. Pastitsio includes long macaroni tubes that are densely piled in a 3.5-inch high cube with seasoned ground beef and sauce. This is a huge, flavorful serving! Warm pita bread slices accompanied our order. Desserts include rice pudding, baklava, and flan. The flan was excellent. Our dinner with 2 entrees, 1 dessert and tap water came to $24.

My husband remembered the side dish of the fantastic Greek potatoes, but this time chose the rice pilaf accompaniment. This is rice in a tomato-based sauce with perhaps grape leaf shreds, a saucier, wetter version than he was expecting -- but then we're not experts in Greek food. Next time he'll go back to the Greek potatoes.

This is a hidden gem of a place! Try it!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Always a pleasure....Greek cooking....authentic tastes....generous portions....excellent service at their counter....

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Since I moved from Milwaukee I don't get here as often, but stopped here for lunch. It still serves the best lentil soup ever. Great gyros also. Friendly staff, great prices, and fabulous food.