“Very authentic Greek food”
Review of Ouzo Cafe

Ouzo Cafe
Ranked #377 of 1,591 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 12 January 2017

We enjoyed a very nice dinner at the cafe. The food was very tasty, served hot and in good size portions. The appetizer of warm flat bread with homemade basil hummus was outstanding! The chef created this hummus and we were the first to sample it! If you go, try one of the Greek Beers - they go well with dinner! Our waitress was delightful and did a very nice job of serving, as she had just started working at the cafe.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Stopped in for an early dinner before a concert, and only people in the place. I ordered Spanakopita and Greek fries, while my partner ordered the Greek Feast. When My plate arrived with four Spanakopita triangles, I was a bit surprised and asked the server if that was the appetizer or the entree, and was told "the entree". The appetizer description stated, four spinach pie triangles, and the entree description was spinach pie baked in phyllo..clearly, I had the appetizer, not the entree which I was charged for. Luckily, I could eat some of my partners entree which he said was quite good. Disappointed that the mistake was not acknowledged. I would like to see what the appetizer looks like, if I had the entree.

1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We tried this restaurant based on a recommendation and the positive reviews. It was average to poor.

My husband and I decided to split a Greek salad and a 1/2 Greek chicken. The salad was okay, nothing exceptional. The chicken was very small. It was literally the size of 1/2 Cornish hen. The flavor was okay, but more lemony than herbs. Again, it was only ok. The potatoes that came with the chicken were dry and over cooked.

Our server was very friendly. It was a Wednesday night and there were few people in the restaurant. Although there were only 3 tables with customers, the service was slow. I ordered a hot tea. Next I asked for some honey to put in my tea. The waiter indicated that he did not think they had honey. He went to the kitchen, was gone a good 5 minutes, came back and told me they don't have honey. It's a Greek restaurant?!?!

I would rate 2.5 if possible. I didn't rate as poor because it wasn't a bad experience, it just wasn't a good experience.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

We had a mezze platter (following a huge breakfast) which was ample for two. And we tried the lemon rice chicken soup -- great for a winter day. Excellent, friendly service.

Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

We went there for a late lunch and it was delicious! The gyro seemed really lean and it was a great size! Got the Greek fries and they were amazing! I've never went to a Greek place that had Greek fries! Yummmmm