“The Best Chinese I have every had!”
Review of San Dong Express

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
San Dong Express
Ranked #704 of 1,555 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Family owned, friendly staff, mama is often at the register and papa is often your chef. Cooked up right in front of you, with the freshest ingredients! The sauces are different, probably from the owner's Korean background, and it makes a difference. I have been all over the US...east coast, the south, west coast and Canada. This is The Best Chinese food you will ever eat. Be sure to donate to the Korean Children's Fund or make a wish on one of their many Buddha statues!

1  Thank Dale R

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We had a hankering for some Chinese food while staying in Milwaukee and decided on San Dong. I ordered the San Dong Rice and the sweet and sour chicken, while my wife ordered the hot braised chicken and an order of rice as well. We also ordered two orders of Crab Meat Rangoon.

Let me just say that the fried rice was absolutely delicious and came in HUGE styrofoam containers. The chicken was decent and so was the crab rangoon, but the rice was the real attraction here. It wasn't greasy at all and yet had a ton of flavor to it. The rest of the meal was average or so, but we were craving more of the rice after we were done.

Not a bad place to start if you're near the airport and you have a desire for Chinese. Don't judge this place by the outside. It may be small and broken down, but the food is very good.

2  Thank davidjbright
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The place sure doesn't look appealing but the food is awesome.
If you are staying at a hotel make sure to ask for a plate and plastic ware .
If what you love is not on the menu- ask and you shall receive. I did.

1  Thank Lillian C
Reviewed 24 May 2012

You come here for food that you need to be made quickly. The owner is half Chinese and half Korean that always looks for the best ingredients to make the food prepared the best he can. It's a family business so they hire a few Mexican cooks to help with the cooking and cleaning as old as the owner is cannot work 12 hour shifts on a daily basis. I find the value here just right. I notice some people's experience was not so pleasant which maybe they just got caught on a bad day. They are known for their noodles and you can see ads posted around the restaurant. I suggest any noodle dish, but my favorite is the 'ja jang myeun'. Since the owner is half Korean, there is kimchi available if you ask. If you are picky on how you want your food cooked, you can ask for it and they will do it for you. It's always friendly here and I enjoy eating here.

1  Thank Mera Y
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Ordered San Dong chow mein on the phone. Got there and my order hadn't even been given to the cooks. The food was terrible, there was no noodles and most of the it was just cabbage with very little amount of meat. A complete waste of $8.45! The place also looks like a dump. I don't even think the owner and cooks was chinese, I think they were korean?

I've learnt not to expect much from small chinese restaurants around USA but this one takes the cake for being the worst. Don't waste your time or money at this place.