“5 Star Fish Fry”
Review of Fritz's Pub

Fritz's Pub
Ranked #275 of 1,551 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Fritz’s Pub unquestionably earned 5 stars in our personal Fish Fry rating system! Juicy cod in a crispy batter, Fish Fry comes in your choice of 2, 3 or 4 pieces – beware, portions are large! Potato wedges, amazing coleslaw, the best tartar sauce in town and generously buttered rye bread complete your meal. Everything is made from scratch with family recipes that date back to the origin of Fritz’s Pub.
We also ordered a frozen meat and cheese burek to go and enjoyed it at home a few days later; cooking instructions were perfect.
A Milwaukee institution that needs to be enjoyed NOW as they are planning on closing their doors in September 2018 after 40 years in business.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed the cod Fish Fry. Choice of 2-3-or-4 piece dinners starting at 9.95. Large servings. Great rye bread that came already spread with soft herb butter. (I hate getting cold butter packets for bread)I loved the homemade tartar sauce. Very nice staff and fast service. Lots of regulars known by name. Menu prices very reasonable. Would be back to try other American and Serbian foods. Parking on street and in lot.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

they have a Great fish fry....nice little place but busy on a Friday call ahead to place a order to go

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Went specifically for burek on Saturday, Fritz's is one of a few places in Milwaukee serving burek (a meat pie in a phyllo crust). While waiting for the bureks to bake, I admired the photographs on the wall. Tom and Joe shared with us fascinating stories of their family's history and explained the photos. They couldn't have been more cordial. I think we were the only customers who weren't regulars.
The burek was excellent and too big to finish. Took home half our order along with good memories. We want to make another trip to Milwaukee for the fish fry that got such good reviews.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend was dying for some good fish fry so we ambled on over to Fritz's. We got there about 7 and the place was very busy. It's not a large place, with the bar taking up about half the space. She ordered the fish fry and she rated it very good, not greasy. I wanted the burek but was informed that it would take at least an hour. So much for that! Just be aware! I ended up with the Serbian style sausages made with veal and beef. They were good, grilled just right. They are only open 1 and a half days a week.

1  Thank Steve F