Astor Hotel(Milwaukee)
Hotels.com
US$109
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$93
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$105
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$100
US$93
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$215
US$169
  • Breakfast included
US$92
US$77
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$129
US$149
US$134
Priceline
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

All reviewsgreat locationno elevatorfull kitchenquiet neighborhoodstudio apartmentsmall kitchenfirst floorart museumcharming hotellake michiganstep back in timeold buildingwithin walking distancebrady streetclose to downtownold schoolan older hotel
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I really tried to like the hotel, even with the $15 parking, no elevator, and window AC unit that was so loud that I had to turn it off and on to give me a break but when I was woken both days of my stay at 8 in the morning (first day was maintenance asking if I called to fix something that was leaking and day 2 housekeeping saying they were told I checked out already (I even had my do not disturb sign on the door) I had had enough of the hotel.
When I checked out I did tell the person on duty how I was not happy with my stay. She apologized and said she would tell the head of housekeeping. I'm not sure she understood how disconcerting it is that workers at the hotel do not double check where they are knocking and consider that they may be waking up someone at 8am. This did not happen once but both days of my stay and really rattled me to be woken up that way.
Needless to say I will not be returning.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Just got back from a nice trip to Chicago and Milwaukee, The Plaza Hotel was a great find! Spent 3 days there in September of 2017 and really enjoyed it, the old decor, creaky floors, old bathroom tile, retro Cafe at the Plaza was great, ate breakfast there three times in a row.

Hard to do now with handicap accessibility codes like we have in California which might have made them upgrade and change everything, it was like going back in time to the 20's - 50's when bathrooms were not accessible, and had the old small hexagon tiling and such. We stayed in two rooms, a corner suite then a downstairs standard room when it became available, both had full kitchens which was convenient. Both had window mounted A.C. units and felt truly old, but not in a bad neglected way.

Staff at the front desk were knowledgeable and helpful, and once we were at a loss for dinner and they pointed us to Buckley's a block away that we walked to and had a great time and meal.

We knew not very much about Milwaukee having come there because of our interest in Mies van der Rohe's Farnsworth House, and Frank Lloyd Wrong's Johnson's Wax Building. I knew of and didn't realize that the Calatrava moving wing building was the Milwaukee Art Museum and that was another high point, not so much the Calatrava part but the Milwaukee collection and display was brilliant.

Many other good dinner choices among them was Wolf Peach housed in a cool building perched seemingly right over the Milwaukee skyline serving farm to table innovative cuisine that we are beginning to favor.

The Plaza Hotel has made us interested in trying more stylized boutique hotels which seem to be in our comfort zone. We spent a week at The Pearl Hotel in New York, which was one of the best hotel experiences we've ever had located right in Times Square. The Plaza Hotel was a totally different experience because of it's strong retro flavor and environment, in part because it seems as if Wisconsin has not caught up to the rest of the country in terms of handicap accessibility!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Very nice old hotel. Situated close to the city center, 10 min walk from the river. Good breakfast, but this is not included to the room price. Parking lot right across the street. Very friendly and helpful staff. We would recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We stayed in Milkwaukee only overnight, it was not easy to find an accommodation that was in
town center, with parking, and at an affordable price.
The Plaza was a good compromise for us because, with around 120$, we had our room and
parking lot, and town center is a stone’s throw away with just 10-15 minutes walk to get to the
famed Riverwalk and enjoy the many restaurants.
It’s a historic building, very good looking, with elegant furniture and a classy environment. The
inner courtyard with the restaurant patio is especially cute, with the walls all wrapped by ivy and the
dim lights,
Downsides are, the hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast, and there are four stories without
elevator, being an old building, so you’ll have to walk up your luggage. We were lucky enough to
be on the second floor because we were travelling with two heavy bags and two light ones.
Wi-Fi connection coming and going.

Room Tip: first floor, there's no elevator
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We have returned to the Plaza again and again we had a wonderful stay. The folks at the front desk are very helpful and friendly. We especially appreciated the efforts of Brenda who went above and beyond to secure our booking months earlier when the hotel was near capacity. Due to a last minute maintenance issue with our double/ double we were upgraded to a suite. An amazing accommodation.
We love the Café! Excellent food and service. The location can not be beat. We don't mind the stairs and the parking is so convenient. We will be back to our home away from home in Milwaukee, WI.

Room Tip: As noted by others - no elevator. Those with accessibility issues should request 1st floor.