“Awesome Cheese and beer selection”

Uber tap room and cheese mart
Ranked #71 of 1,543 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed 29 December 2015

A great place to sample what Wisconsin is about: cheese and beer. My husband enoyed his Abby Triple from Sprechers and my mom and I enjoyed Dang butterscotch root beer. We nibbled through the Wisconsin cheese sampler and topped off with turkey pesto sandwich. No leftovers on the plate. The attached cheese mart has a variety of different cheeses to purchase too!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The embodiment of Wisconsin: A tap room with over 30 tap beers -- many of them brewed in Wisconsin -- attached to a cheese store with some 175 cheeses made in Wisconsin. Lots of ambiance here. Grab a bite to eat, then walk past the bar and into the cheese shop, where they have lots of samples set out. Many of the shop's cheeses are in sandwiches or on cheese plates at the tap room. Quite a price range -- from a classic grilled cheese sandwich (American cheese on white bread) for $4.50 to a limburger on rye for $6.25, to a fancy mac 'n cheese for $10.50. Not into cheese? The consummate Wisconsin bratwurst made next door at Usinger's is tasty, too. If mac 'n cheese is your thing, they have four versions, though you won't find American cheese in any of them. The classic mac 'n cheese is made with 5-year-old cheddar. My favorite: Mac the Goat, topped with garlic/herb goat cheese. It's rich and delicious. Love the fact you can get a tap of Sprecher root beer made in Milwaukee for $2 to wash it all down. That's a bargain. Service can be a little slow if they're busy -- the kitchen is pretty small, I think. But it's a friendly place.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

We made a special trip back to the tap room for my quick trip back to Milwaukee. Wow the prices have increased and the portions have decreased. The aged gouda and truffle cheese were my favorite. They ran out of the big pretzel...would have preferred to be asked if we wanted a bunch of smaller ones before delivering them to the table. And while I know this can happen anywhere--please check the glasses, plates and silverware. We had to send back a number of them because they were dirty.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Uber Tap Room was our very first stop in MKE after stopping in at our hotel. It was a nice welcome to the city! Service seemed a bit laid-back and it was bit confusing at first regarding whether we should seat ourselves, whether there was a table available, whether we had to participate in the tasting event that was going on. We did get seated, however. The cheese curds were delicious (eat them while they're hot!) and the pretzels were good. Plenty of beers to choose from...if you like beer at all, you'll find something to enjoy!

Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

I noticed this place had great reviews, but when we got there at 8 pm Saturday, there were about 3 people at the bar. It didn't even look like they served food. We decided not to stay.