“Good Pub Food”

Jack's American Pub
Ranked #252 of 1,543 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Stopped in for lunch with my son and was surprised by their extensive lunch menu and the quality of the food.
I stuck with a burger and my son went with the tenderloin sliders. Both were flame broiled on their grill and done perfectly. Fries were also very good.
This is a neighborhood bar with some locals scattered throughout the bar for their afternoon beer. It's clean and the staff seems friendly enough.
Rumor has it that it can get pretty chaotic when the Brady Street Pub Crawl rolls around the first Saturday in March. Lots of college students patronize the Brady Street establishments.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

I brought a group of 5 for HH and dinner. We had no idea that they would be having their holiday party that night with free food, so we had quite a feast. Jack's staff were all great. Separate checks made the evening easier.

Convenient parking lot across the street behind La Masa and Apollo.

I had the Cobb Salad, and then nibbled on the turkey dinner spread that was out for all. My friends had an assortment of burgers, salads etc, and everyone liked their food. I will definitely be back when I'm looking for a casual place to hang out.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

While in Milwaukee we were driving around looking at North Point mansions off of Prospect and found ourselves on Brady St. In a magazine in our hotel we had noticed that this place was advertised in it about buy an entrée and get one free. The parking is metered unless you park on a side street which some have 2 hr. parking free. So we parked about 2 blocks away and walked noticing the other eateries and shops. We passed a meter patrol and said hello and asked about Jack’s and he indicated that we couldn't go wrong eating there. When we arrived there was no one at the hostess stand or a line so we chose a table to the side of the entrance.
We asked our waitress about the ad in the magazine but she was not familiar with it and said she would go ask. She never returned but another waitress came to take our drink and food order.
We thought the other girl might come back but she never did so we asked again but the waitress said they run promotions at different times. So we gave up on that and just ordered. The Waldorf Wrap was delicious and could have served two if both light eaters as it was huge. The Doug E Fresh Burger was just as good and a hefty serving. We really enjoyed our visit and watching people pass on the sidewalk out front. We noticed too that they had a shuttle to the ballgame which we thought was neat. There was a couple sitting behind us that were there for the game from out of town and they were going to catch the shuttle after they had a meal. The place was pub/grill atmosphere and had lots of TV’s to view. It was fairly busy and service a little slow at times but we were relaxing with a glass of wine (good pour) and some refreshing ice tea. So if you are around Brady St. and looking for a good food place to eat~~give them a try. They have small bistro tables on the sidewalk you can also sit at but very tight seating especially if someone bikes by or a group walking by.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

We received a tip that if you eat here prior to a Brewer's Game that you could ride their shuttle to and from the game for free. So, we tried it and sure enough it worked just fine. You eat and receive a wristband for a free roundtrip ride to the ball park and back (the return starts in the 7th inning and in 20 minute increments). We had appetizers prior to the shuttle leaving and the food was pretty good. I would say the waitress wasn't that friendly, but I guess you can't have everything at one time. But if I were to return to attend a Brewer's game, I would definitely return to Jack's for food, shuttle, and fun! It's a great way to beat parking and a nice way to enjoy a few drinks and not worry about having to drive!

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Honestly I love their burgers. The Maui Wowie burger is one the best burger I ever had. It come with pineapple and it's delicious. The place is friendly,the ambiance good and the service is great.