US$134
US$153
US$279
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Milwaukee West(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Ambassador Hotel(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
US$399
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast was deliciousshared bathroomcomplimentary cookiesbeautiful place to staywhirlpool tubmodern hoteleach morningfrom chicagomarquette universityneighborhoodvictoriansuitetomstelevisionlinens
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

We ended up here because Peter, the concierge at Pfister Hotel recommended it. The entire bad experience at the racist and sexist Pfister Hotel had left a very bad taste in our mouths. We were badly in need of relaxation, and boy, did we find the right place! We were lovingly welcomed by Tom 1. Tom 2 carried my suitcase upstairs, and Wonderful Tom 3 (Tom Carr), his queen Julie, and Tom 1 kept us feeling welcomed and loved. They fed us awesome food, unlimited booze. On Sunday evening, we were treated to a FREE and awesome play in the intimate basement theater. WE HAD A BLAST. We will definitely visit again. Did I tell you that this place has 3 Toms!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Julie C, Owner at Brumder Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Thank you for the five star rating and for taking the time to share what a wonderful experience you had at Brumder Mansion. Looking forward to seeing you again when you come for another stay with us.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I surprised my bf with a trip here overnight and boy were we blown away! We're a couple of folks from Chicago so it was a perfect overnight nearby getaway to a beautiful house with a super interesting (and spooky!) history. We were greeted at the door by Tom and Tom who made us feel at home immediately and gave us a wonderful tour of the house (which is, holy cow....INCREDIBLE). Tom even took the time to show us some of Mr. Brumder's old books and my boyfriend is a total bibliophile - it totally made his day. We stayed in Marion's suite which is decorated so beautifully and even has a whirlpool and this INCREDIBLE marble shower - wow wow wow! Make sure and ask to see the theatre downstairs and hear about the history of the old secret tunnel - so cool. Breakfast was a delight and our hosts and the staff couldn't have been kinder or more welcoming. Having a nice glass of red wine in a hot tub in a decked-out victorian room fit for a king? Yeah....that was pretty incredible. No ghosts stopped by (to our knowledge) but if you're going for something a little different there is definitely a fun, historic cool vibe to this place that makes even being inside exciting. The old photos and antiques everywhere really take the decor to the next level and the complimentary wine, cookies (!!!) and DVD library was a fun touch too.
The mansion is located in a pretty convenient area close enough to just about anything you'd want to do in town- we were able to hit up an old roller skating rink and go to a lovely dinner and nothing was more than about a 10 minute drive. The mansion is right next to an old church and parking was super convenient (maybe I'm a city kid but I honestly have no idea what other reviewers are talking about when they bashed this.... it's so close, super secure and convenient). Overall couldn't be happier - this place was totally worth it, beyond interesting and a fun trip we'll talk about for years! So great!

Room Tip: We loved Marion's suite - beautiful decor, whirlpool, AMAZING shower.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin M
Julie C, Owner at Brumder Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and for taking the time to share how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at Brumder Mansion. Hope to see you again when you come next time to Milwaukee for a romantic get away.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Great place and hospitality...made to feel right at home and such great Milwaukee history! Tanya and her inn keepers were all so wonderful and gracious! Truly a very great plAce to stay rich in history and love for what they all do! Thank you so much!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Julie C, Owner at Brumder Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Thank you for sharing your very positive experience with our staff, your positive feelings about Brumder Mansion and so glad you had an very enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the four star rating, and taking the time to write your review!

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Driving up to the Brumder Victorian Mansion is breathtaking immediately sending you to a time period of detail and elegance that I so wish that existed today. Brumder with its ornate and beautiful details. The mansion is elegant and peaceful. When I entered the owner Julie greeted me. She is a sweet and kind person. Her love for the mansion shines through as she gives you a tour back in time. Showing right away the hard work her and her husband, Tom, do to keep all the intricate details alive in this mansion. I met him later in the evening and he was a very kind and friendly person as well. I met, who might have been the housekeeper, outside on my way in to the mansion and I started to talk with her. I was so impressed by her kindness as well. Julie took me for a tour of the mansion and the first thing you see is a gorgeous hand carved banister with beautiful lamp on its start and a breathtaking chandelier above. Julie took me down to the basement where they had constructed a theater for plays of the era and it was so magical in looking at the antique sets. Back onto the main floor the Old time pictures line the walls up the staircase and white dresses hang as a curtain over one of the windows shining light through them. On all the three levels of the mansion you are Surrounded by Victorian hand carved furniture and marble. Authentic to the time period colors on the walls and beautiful paintings of trees on the walls rising onto the ceilings in various rooms. Flowers adorn the marble above the fireplace in the dinging room. Iris on the marble on each side of the fireplace in the Marian, which is to be my room. This room is so spacious and bright. an inviting lace table cloth covering a round table with two chairs of the period. Beautiful sink, marble shower. A gorgeous bed (which was extremely comfortable by the way) with a step stool up which is noted for that time period sat by its side. Old pictures on the wall drawing back to Victorian days.
Downstairs the library with a display of a gorgeous black dress and victorian hat. Books published by the original owner in the bookcase. All written in German. I could not leave that room for an hour. I next sat in the living room,Parlor, and it was so breathtaking. Four victorian chairs in front of me as I sat on the Victorian couch. Almost felt as though People from yesteryear were sitting along with m on those four chairs. A warm realization of the time the house remains in. A storm seems to be rolling in now. Giving the mansion eerie but peaceful feel. I sat in this room until 10:30pm and went up to my room sitting at the round table taking in the atmosphere of this lovely room. In the morning The Inn Keeper Tom, had prepared yogurt with fresh fruits, nuts mixed in. Fresh squeezed orange juice. I sat, enjoying all the details of the dining area. The main part was also delicious. It entailed French toast and plenty of bacon. I so enjoyed eating off the antique dinnerware. I couldn't resist after, taking my coffee into a breakfast nook and sitting there as well. The sun shown through the windows lighting up the table inviting me in. It was nearly check out time and I went back up to my room to sit there for a half hr at the table again, packed up and I sat once again in the main living area. The portrait of an elegant woman looking toward something unseen which hangs above the beautiful fireplace and all the details making this mansion the wonderful place that it is. It has been so alluring and I find it hard to leave. All The intricate details put into the mansion,the friendliness of the owners and people that work there and the overall magical feel of the mansion made my experience breathtaking and would recommend highly to anyone that enjoys the beauties of the past.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Julie C, Owner at Brumder Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to describe your wonderful stay at Brumder Mansion! So glad that we rated a 5 star review from you. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 31 May 2016

We decided to go to Milwaukee for a Brewers game for our anniversary weekend. When I searched for hotels with hot tubs, the Brumder was the 3rd place listed. After checking out the website, we decided to give it a try. Having never been to a B & B, we weren't sure what to expect, but the experience was one that we will repeat in the future!! From the tour of the building when we arrived, to the excellent breakfast before we left, we had a wonderful time! We stayed in the Marion suite, and enjoyed the jacuzzi and the roomy shower. The bed was comfortable, and (thankfully for my wife) we didn't meet any of the permanent guests! I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone looking for something fun!!!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Julie C, Owner at Brumder Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

We are delighted that you so enjoyed your stay at Brumder Mansion, your first time at a bed and breakfast! Thank you for the 5 star review, and for taking the time to write it!